games for young children?

Soldato
Good suggestions, trackmania would be a good one. Think a 6 year old may have problems with transport tycoon (i do!)

Maybe age of empires 2 would be a good one. Settlers was a great game

Soldato
Good suggestions, trackmania would be a good one. Think a 6 year old may have problems with transport tycoon (i do!)

Maybe age of empires 2 would be a good one. Settlers was a great game

Transport tycoon just takes practice, I played it since like 6 too :), the demo anyhow, It was a time limited demo and I played it at least like 100 times starting a new game every time, gradually learning how trains and orders work etc...

Aoe2 is great yeah, may learn a little about history if he's bothered to read everything and does the campaign. Very addicting though !

It is a tad complicated but Pharaoh, pictures show everything new every scenario ( along with text explaining stuff, but I always just copied the pictures in the tutorial messages, I somehow understood the game even though I knew no english at all.).

Soldato
Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts on the 360. My 5 year old would play it all the time if I let him. You need to play it yourself to unlock the various worlds and build a few interesting vehicles, but once that's done it's perfect - they can't die, and can drive, fly and float around destroying stuff and generally causing mayhem. The worlds are largely destructible, and the main character has this force power thing to pick up and move stuff.

I caught him lifting giant ants onto a big tractor I'd given him the other day, and carting them to the top of a volcano before flinging them in. Brilliant stuff :D

Viva Pinata, on the other hand, has a 3+ rating, but is actually far too hard for a little 'un to do anything but play the 'just for fun mode'. Requires a lot of reading up on creatures likes etc to actually play the game.

Soldato
:D

gtagames.gif

anyone know any good games for young children around the age of 6 (he can read pretty well so they dont need to be really simple)

i know theres nickelodeons toontown (free young kids mmo) but what other good fun kids games are there i can stick my young one on?

my local library had some kids playing a mario type learning games a few months back but i never thought to ask what it was.

i had a google but the majority of games that came up for children look to be utter rubbish that wouldnt entertain for more than a few minutes

I had Resi Evil 2 at age 9. Scared the crap out of me which games don't seem to do anymore:(

At the age of 6, get them on crash bandicoot and games like that. I would think a ps1 would be fine for young children as they are cheap and at age 6 they aren't going to complain that the controllers are not wireless, it is not in HD and they cannot upload their stats to the internet:p

If you already have a ps3 or 360, then I recommend the 'sega ultimate collection' as it has all the 2d sonic games on. Brilliant fun:).

Soldato
Donkey Kong on a BBC Micro was the first game I can ever remember playing.

Closely followed by Ms Pacman on the Atari. That was awesome.

Caporegime
I remember when I were 6 ....

Atari 2600 with Asteroids and Defender =D

Those were the days :(

Let's see...

Laser Squad
River Raid
Zaxxon
Subterranea
Millipede
Donkey Kong

and of course...

Space Raiders ;)

Let's not forget, however, those games were all totally arse, we just didn't know it at the time :p

Soldato
monsters v aliens

Ice age

Lego series games.

Sonic all stars racing.

All available on the PC, In fact I've just build my 7 year old her first rig and the above is what she plays.

Soldato
I would still only add games you'd play yourself on my kid's pc if I had a kid, eg. lego games allowed ( afaik they're quite fun :p) but no simpler ''for kids'' rubbish which you'd never play yourself.

Associate
Lego Star Wars/Indy games either on PC or the Wii.
My kid is now 9 she played the above a few years ago and loved them. She is now playing Torchlight and Civ 4.

Spore might work for a youngster.

Back
Top Bottom