games for young children?

Caporegime
OP
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned leisuresuit larry yet. Theyll love it.

yea ill get him that after hes finished with 3dgayvilla :D

he already has a wii , ds , all the lega games etc but theres been a few good pc game suggestions.

while wii and ds games are good fun they dont try to offer any educational value.

i had him on a bbc website with some small flash games that have math puzzles for year1 and he was having a lot of fun doing them so i was hoping for something similar but more of a proper game.

theres been some suggestions well worth looking into though

Soldato
I know what you mean.

We had a huge choice regarding what games to play as kids which were simple and fun.

The thing was, these were not kids games, they were just games.

Nowadays, I fail to see such simple games with such addctive gameplay.

Where are the Chuckie Eggs, River Raids etc?

Soldato
Something like Pokemon would be a good start, cutesy enough and simple enough a kid can grasp the basics, and its reasonably long, then as you get older you realise there's more under the surface than you'd noticed when you were younger, stats, breeding etc.

Then you've got the likes of Mario and Sonic which are good for all ages, Banjo Kazooie is another good choice :)
Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc (was there Lego Batman now too?) should also be popular.

Associate
Any Super Mario or Sonic game. You also have Spyro, Rayman and Crash Bandicoot.

Best console for a 6 yr old has to be the Nintendo Wii.

Qel

Qel

Associate
Perhaps an odd suggestion given they are getting on for 20 years old now but when I was around 5-7 I remember playing the Commander Keen games quite a bit and enjoying them, simple to play and pretty colourful but maybe I'm just weird :p Think there are the first 5 or so on Steam for £3.

Other than that, lego games, peggle, bookworm adventures maybe?

Back
Top Bottom