Games that were difficult in your childhood

Soldato
Raid over Moscow was my go to game - it wasn't easy, but certainly doable - you just restarted from the beginning level once complete.

BH1 and 2!! I forgot about them, especially the speech in BH2 - off to youtube!

Associate
And Street Fighter 2 on Super Nes was hard to beat on regular difficulty. Not impossible, but certainly rage inducing. :)

Eh? It was a doddle, even on 8 it wasnt that hard. Yes a bit 'cheaty' but still as predictable. Mind you I did spend almost every penny I could lay my hands on the arcade one so I guess i was a bit obsessed.

Man of Honour
Raid over Moscow was my go to game - it wasn't easy, but certainly doable - you just restarted from the beginning level once complete.

BH1 and 2!! I forgot about them, especially the speech in BH2 - off to youtube!

Ooh I was trying to remember what that one was called - as a kid I couldn't even get out the hangar a decade later or so I could do it easy.

Soldato
Syndicate Wars PC (1996) - Loved that game, I did play the original also.

The sequal was a bitch, Eurocorp I got as far as the mission where you are only given one guy with a sniper rifle.

Church of the Epoch literally like 3rd or 4th mission I was beaten. Very hard game. Never did complete it.

Very cool game also.

Associate
I remember really wanting a copy of syndicate wars back in the day after getting the demo on a cover disk. Never got around to it. Maybe I should look it up on GoG, although I suspect I wouldn't have the patience to get very far..

Soldato
At the dawn of the home computer, every single blasted game was hard when you were only 5! Flipping Manic Miner for example - took me two weeks to get past the first screen!
Yep, I can remember Raid Over Moscow and Beachhead on the C64 at my mates.

We played those games for hours and hours and I can't remember ever finishing either of them.
Yeah Beach head and jet set willy , flipping heck........

All the dizzy games

Some game on the c64 where you were a side scrolling blonde wrestler?? swinging people around, grannies, gorillas and thugs, literally, swinging around and around and letting them go, if anyone knows that games name please tell me.

Comanche maximum overkill on the 386x dos

It Came from the Desert 2 , oh my god that game gave me nightmares.
Nightbreed on the amiga also, again nightmares.

There are many others but i cant remember their names anymore,
I played games since the vic20, c64 and im 38 now, still paying all the games I possibly can.

Soldato
Beach head - I’d forgotten about that. Great game but jeezo, the bit where you had to calculate the gun elevation to shoot the enemy ships...

Associate
I was completely lost will Lunar Jetman on the spectrum. Had no idea what to do?!?! It was a couple of years later before I realised you could get into the lunar vehicle!!!!! :(

Associate
The great escape game zx spectrum , could never get anywere in it ....
One of the first games I ever 'cleared'.
Got it for christmas one year.... well.... I found it hidden under my parents bed, took the tape out, played it, finished it, put it back, and they were furious on christmas when I just didn't want to play it..... cough.

Back
Top Bottom