Games workshop stuff worth anything?

Permabanned
Got games like hero quest. Space crusade. Man o war. Talisman etc. From early mid 90s. Feew expansion packs too but cant remember the names. Bin or worth selling?

Associate
Heroquest would definitely be sellable - the others - I am uncertain. If they are boxed and in good nick - it is likely a collector would pick them up

Man of Honour
Got games like hero quest. Space crusade. Man o war. Talisman etc. From early mid 90s. Feew expansion packs too but cant remember the names. Bin or worth selling?

Depends really on if they're complete, if they're painted and overall condition.

Heroquest is collectable, to the point a reprint is happening. That'll drop the price a little bit. Still regularly see sets for ~£100-£200
Space Crusade (my personal favourite) not so much. £100ish
Man-O-War - £50ish
Talisman - Also £50ish.

Best bet is to check sold items on ebay. Also, if you are missing pieces, it can be worth buying replacements and then getting a significantly higher price then for your complete set. ;)

Associate
I recently paid £170 for space crusdade + the mission dreadnaught expansion pack. It was complete and mint quality though.
As soon as you have missing manuals, items, tokens, units etc or you have painted some bits the price drops.

Related to what Flibster said above, rather than bin half a box (if thats what you have) sell the bits to others looking to make up full boxes.

Soldato
I recently paid £170 for space crusdade + the mission dreadnaught expansion pack. It was complete and mint quality though.

Also most of that money was for the expansion, which is rarer.

Talisman Third Edition is generally quite cheap apart from the Dragons expansion, which is possibly worth as much as a complete set of the rest put together.

I'll nth the suggestion that you sell incomplete sets by the piece. People will buy doors for £3-4 each when it adds £10-20 onto the value of their set.

Associate

The answer to all of these kinds of questions is always answerable by going to a popular auction website, searching for the item then filtering by items sold, then looking at the price.

You should beable to get at least £50 for each, maybe over £100. Assuming the games are in reasonable condition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom