Games you love that everyone else hates...

XPE

XPE

Soldato
This

It puzzles me that so many people didn't think it was just sheer brilliance :confused:

it had rather poor story progression and there wasn't enough variety so the game started to look the same.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215.

I think it's easily one of the best games I've played, had me hooked all the way through, but most people I talk to about it seem to think it's average.

Ive never heard some one say a bad thing about this game.

Soldato
Final Fantasy 8 apparently. All anyone can ever seem to say about that game is about the draw system. I think people just found it annoying that it broke the 'run around randomly pressing "X" to level up indefinitely without having to think too hard' thing that plagues some games - in that you then had to press down a couple of times.

Associate
WW2 Online Battleground Europe. I'm hooked and I'm just astounded that more people don't play or appreciate it.

Oops, just noticed this was for consoles! Oh well, just ignore.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pokemon games. :o

Also, FFXII's battle system was ace. Shame it had such a deathly dull plot.

Judging by the other threads response..

Street Fighter 4
MGS4
Assassins Creed
Call of Duty 4
Half Life 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
What, the "Games you hate, but everyone else loves." thread? :confused:

Don't worry though, if you want to start a "Games nearly everyone likes and so do I" thread, knock yourself out.

Last edited:
Soldato
it had rather poor story progression and there wasn't enough variety so the game started to look the same.

Couldn't disagree more, regarding the story there was always an air of mystery around the lead character and his background then there was the Atlas turn both of these elements lead to anything but a poor story

Regarding variety it had just as much as variety as the next FPS and not to mention the varying environments rather than the same dull looking levels like a lot of shooters have

Soldato
the whole Halo Series (1, 2, 3, ODST and Wars), so many people seem to hate the games but i must admit im a big Halo fan, especially when i take the added depth of the books into account, a lot dismiss the Halo story as another 'typical, generic' human vs. aliens story, but its so much more refined than that and a lot of thought has been given to the UNSC, their weapons, their ships are made to be closer to modern armed forces than a futuristic fighting force. ;)

Killzone II, nobody i know personally ever mentions this utter gem when asked about console games, don't think anyone really hates KZ2 but its became so forgotten in all this Call of Duty related rubbish which i think is a shame because it totally overshadows them in every quantifiable way, and graphically its the best game available for the current generation of machines. the Halo universe, told in a more cinematic way from the start in Killzone IIs engine might be my ultimate game, shame it'll never happen :(

GRAW and GRAWII, nobody i know has even played either of these games, they went straight for Call of Duty and are missing out on some real beauties, especially the second one which had me gripped from start to finish.

Last edited:

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Some people seem to be getting confused, games like gta 4 and the halo series have sold over 10 million copies each i don't think you are in the minority if you like these games.

Back
Top Bottom