Games you love that everyone else hates...

Associate
BF2142 is one i love, pc game eh? still a game!

But apparently everyone hates that game and thinks bf2 is better. But a friend and i just love running around with the crazy high tech gear, after the inf city combat in that game i just couldn't go back to BF2, with it's firing randomness, afterwards so seriously.

Eternal Sonata was another i enjoyed but some people i spoke to didn't enjoy it as it gets a bit spammy in the end, bar that evil extra dungeon where it randomises the controls T_T

Soldato
Some people seem to be getting confused, games like gta 4 and the halo series have sold over 10 million copies each i don't think you are in the minority if you like these games.

I've purchased games before and thought they were rubbish. I see what you're saying, however after the honeymoon period how many of the people that bought these games still enjoyed them?

I've purchased games before and thought they were rubbish. I see what you're saying, however after the honeymoon period how many of the people that bought these games still enjoyed them?

That's not the point, they are critically acclaimed games and there are certainly more people that enjoy them than hate them, the thing is on the internet your more likely to hear a vocal minority complaining about them, games like GT4, Bioshock, Halo/1/2/3 etc certainly don't have a place in this thread, this thread is 'Games you love that everyone else hates...'

Soldato
Some people seem to be getting confused, games like gta 4 and the halo series have sold over 10 million copies each i don't think you are in the minority if you like these games.

the problem is i for one don't know 'everyone' so i can only base my answer on what i have experienced personally and on this forum for example.

Man of Honour
And games like Bioshock as well, universally rated as one of the best games of all time (which I agree with). I think some people really aren't grasping the concept of the thread.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Pokemon games. :o

Also, FFXII's battle system was ace. Shame it had such a deathly dull plot.

What, the "Games you hate, but everyone else loves." thread? :confused:

Don't worry though, if you want to start a "Games nearly everyone likes and so do I" thread, knock yourself out.

Not sure what the attitude is for?

A lot of people in that thread said they hated the games I listed, and I didn't.. hence my post here :o

Soldato
The Dynasty Warriors series of games, including Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi and Gundam Musou.

I don't care if they are just rehashed with better graphics each time, I still enjoy the old school Beat'em Up gameplay of these games. Much prefer this than the likes of the FIFA's and Madden's.

Plus with how Dynasty Warriors is based on the fictionalised history of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms which in turn is based upon the real historical period itself, for me it's just awesome to play as the many famous figures from this era. Taking out 100's upons 1000's of men on the battlefield is also a great feeling.

Soldato
That's not the point, they are critically acclaimed games and there are certainly more people that enjoy them than hate them, the thing is on the internet your more likely to hear a vocal minority complaining about them, games like GT4, Bioshock, Halo/1/2/3 etc certainly don't have a place in this thread, this thread is 'Games you love that everyone else hates...'

But how do you know what everyone else hates when the only opinion on the internet is that people hate these games ;).

Soldato
Eh ? :confused: "when the only opinion on the internet is that people hate these games" ?, are you insinuating that I said that or is that your own view point ?

You said yourself that you're more likely to hear a vocal minority complaining about them. I do agree with you, however as this minority are more vocal they could be mistaken for a majority, and therefore everyone. I think the inclusion of games such as GTA, Bioshock, etc are warranted as people do complain about them. I also think they should be warrented cause I think a "Games tat you love and everyone else loves apart from a few people" thread would be annoying.

Associate
Carrying on from the best console game thread..

Ez2Dancer - when people look at the game, they think its too hard (at the time it was new in 2000/2001) as you use both your feet/hands to 'hit' the sensors in time with the music. Also, having an interest in Korean pop music makes you appreciate the game much more.

Para Para Paradise: 2nd Mix - each song has a dance routine which you need to learn. You need to acquire a taste for Eurobeat and not be embarassed when people see you dancing 'strangely' (Para Para) on the arcade machine.

Back
Top Bottom