Games you're playing, and games...

Associate
Telltale's Game of Thrones.

It's quite engrossing but my god is it depressing. Only one episode left and I sure hope that there's going to be some kind of happy ending otherwise I might just sink into a drunken stupor.

I've been thinking about playing that. Being Game of Thrones I'd obviously expect that it would be a dark game and characters will die, but is it any grimmer than Telltales Walking Dead games?

Caporegime
I've been thinking about playing that. Being Game of Thrones I'd obviously expect that it would be a dark game and characters will die, but is it any grimmer than Telltales Walking Dead games?

Heck, yes. I don't want to spoil things but it got mad by the end. Clearly they left it ready for a second season but then it never got made when they packed up shop.

Soldato
AC Unity. I watched a video on DF who said that if you use the PS4 disc on the PS5 and don't patch ìt, it will run at 60 fps (the game has an unlocked framerate out of the box) which it does and it plays superbly even in dense crowds. Loving it so far. Love the setting. I'm playing it in French with English subs.

Soldato
FF7 remake Intergrade. The original is my favourite game so taking my time with this. Absolutely loving it so far, even the battle systems which I was unsure about going in. Incredible to see all the settings/characters reimagined with up to date hardware.

Not sure what next, either Cyberpunk or Shadow of the Tomb raider.

Soldato
I'm about 1/3 through LAD after doing a 0-6 run of the other Yakuza games.
You're a trooper! I was burnt out just playing 3 back on PS3 but I was foolishly trying to 100% it, not gonna happen unless I learn mahjong and suddenly become good at brawlers.
I did get like a dragon though as it's kind of a fresh start and new combat.

Associate
Currently playing Operation Tango a co-op only (cross platform) title quite good fun. I’m playing with my 8yr old son and some bits are quite tricky (one player is a hacker and the other is an agent) so we’ve had to play it the same room as some bits are a bit tricky. Pc & Ps5

Caporegime
How can you hate and love a game at the same time.
This is how I feel about most games. I only play SP, and there's not a SP game out there that isn't unfair in some way, even if otherwise brilliant.

Every game is flawed, and those flaws are normally the things that, over time, lead to irritation.

For example, a lot of great games have really terrible difficultly curves. Like easy, easy, easy, OK now let's increase the difficulty 10,000%. Or ruining a great game with sodding QTEs everywhere. And you must mash this hard to proceed. No, **** your button mashing stupidity sections. Stuff them where the sun don't shine.

I think it's just the law now that every SP game must have button mashing QTEs in places. ****ing hate it. It never makes a game better, but it's just become ubiquitous.

Don't even get me started on companion AI. Played The Last of Us recently and the companion AI virtually breaks the game in places.

Associate
That is what is so refreshing about returnal, pure gameplay for the most part. Very small cut scenes which are skipable. Gradual difficulty increases each level. No qtes and when you die it's usually your own fault. A big round of applause to housemate for giving console owners an always run option (if bungie are reading destiny 2 needs this).

Soldato
Does anyone legit like QTEs tho? Does anyone enjoy mashing X to or A or whatever when the big neon button flashes on the screen?

I mean why spoil an otherwise engaging game with that crud...
I don't mind if they're done well. Games like Until Dawn can be hilarious if you mess it up and which results in perma death for your character. The recent FFVIIR had an amazing dance section with Cloud dressed up as a woman and the QTE's were spot on - felt more like a rhythm game it was so well put together. Depends on the game I guess.

Back
Top Bottom