• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gaming fps drops/freezes

Associate
I will be playing games like gta v and fortnite and ill then randomly freeze for around 2-3 seconds, audio cuts out and it goes to 1fps and my ping rockets up to around 300 then comes back down.

Iv completely wiped my pc multiple times and the problem still occurs, when im playing i get around 85% cpu usage when i check on task manager.

My specs are
- intel core i7 3770 3.4ghz
- geforce gtx 960
- 16gb dual channel ddr3 ram

I dont know how to fix any suggestions?

C64

C64

Soldato
it's probably just the pc being a little low spec get that cpu overclocked to 4ghz + tbh
and of course try tweaking graphics settings

Associate
Could be a number of things. 1. Update your bios to the latest. 2. Download latest chipset drivers from your motherboards web site. 3. gpuz is a good tool keep that running in the back ground to see if you are running out of VRAM. MSI afterburner is also good. Get rid of any programs you dont need that are running in the background. I'd also make sure its not a stuck windows update as I've seen that before.

Permabanned
Get rid of any programs you dont need that are running in the background.

And it could be exactly an one which is left running in the background.

This case is just one of those showcases highlighting the need for more cores and more modern system - old quad-core chokes hard in Windows 10.

Every system has such a moment in its life cycle - when all of a sudden it begins to micro-stutter or heavily stutter, thus making the gaming experience poor.

I'd also make sure its not a stuck windows update as I've seen that before.

Permabanned
Best thing to do is to use something like afterburner to monitor the performance of the system and task manager, and see if there are any spikes in anything when the lags happen. It may tell you that for example it's disk access, or network access, or you are running out of memory or something. Also if you are playing online it could be windows antivirus scanning stuff in your game folders. Try excluding all of them from your anti-virus. From the duration it does sound like it is good old windows taking time off to do something else.

Back
Top Bottom