Gaming headset for around £50

Associate
Hi all

I'm looking for a decent gaming headset for around the £50 mark, with a decent mic as I'll be using it to stream and record youtube vids.

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Not much of surer choises in that price level...

Curious how price, no matter how ridiculous, is never obstacle in parts which age badly...
But when it comes to other half of gaming immersion and something which keeps value long, it's suddenly obstacle.

Soldato
Going to be very hard landing something acceptable for making youtube videos for that money. I mean, just have a listen to £150 headset mic tests on youtube and think who's going to want to watch your vids sounding nasal/windy.

Have a look at these parts for a top-notch sounding mic set-up and see if they tempt you:

Behringer UMC22 Audio Interface - £32
Behringer XM8500 Ultravoice Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone - £17.50
InnoGear Heavy Duty Microphone Stand with Mic Microphone Windscreen and Dual Layered Mic Pop Filter - £14.99
Stagg SMC1 1 Metre Microphone Cable XLR-m to XLR-f - £3.70

The UMC22 is currently cheaper as well as better than the UM2.

As for headphones, and if you want to keep to a £100 budget, there's the Superlux HD668B for around £30.

Soldato
In the first vid above, the cheaper Fifine option (think it's a Fifine K669 5 V USB) didn't sound too bad actually. As pointed out, a drawback was the short stand as it would be very close to your keyboard and it doesn't have the noise cancelling efficiency you'd get with the other set-up. But for £31.74 I think it's pretty amazing, and combined with the Superlux HD668B should beat any £100 headsets for mic quality and get very close to audio quality, for less cost. If you like open/semi-open headphones that is.

Back
Top Bottom