1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Headset with Mic and Sound Card...

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by fiveub, 14 Oct 2009.

1. fiveub

Commissario

I currently have an Asus T3 Barebones, similar to this one:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-062-AS&groupid=701&catid=110&subcat=343

Can anyone recommend me a gaming headset with a mic, my budget for these is say, 150... But I would not want to spend that much unless it is worth it. So I am quite flexible, I just want the best gaming headset money can buy.

Also, as for the sound card, it needs to fit in the above case, and I want it to be used mainly for gaming, and for the odd music too.

Any help is appreciated. When it comes to sound cards and headsets, I am not sure what is recommended at this moment for gaming. :eek:

2. Shamrock

Soldato

This is what I use, senny 595's (£80-100) and speedlink clip-on mic(£5).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The headphones are good for music and make locating enemies by their gunshots or footsteps easy!

I'll let someone else recommend a soundcard.

Edit: The 595's are open, so people will be able to hear your games if in the same room.

Last edited: 14 Oct 2009
  3. Amraam

Mobster

Wow those 595s look nice, but £110?! :(

4. Deluxe1

Soldato

Worth every penny.

5. fiveub

Commissario

Is there the same headset with a mic built on? Or a very similar decent headset with mic?

6. Deluxe1

Soldato

there is a sennheiser gaming headset but i found it poor in comparison to the 555's or 595's.

7. Shamrock

Soldato

The clip-on mic works very well actually. I've never had anyone complain they can't hear me in an online game.

I just clip it to my tshirt or actually on the wire of the 595's.

8. fiveub

Commissario

I might have to go for that headset then, they do look incredible, and Sennheiser are my favourite brands for headsets.

9. rjk

Caporegime

problem solved ;)

10. fiveub

Commissario

/lockdown

11. Treebiter

Hitman

I have Sennheiser PC 350's (£100ish) and have to say they were worth every penny. Excellent build quality and really good mic. They're also so comfortable to wear you'll forget you're wearing them (mind the lead!).

The only down side is that the Bass isn't quite as punchy as it could be but it's adequate and the pros more than make up for this.

12. Shamrock

Soldato

You could also consider the Goldring DR150's.

13. Amraam

Mobster

I'm deffo gonna read up on these. Best price I can see them for is £60.

Do they have good comfort and bass? :)

14. Monkeynut

Soldato

They're comfortable, there is some bass but it isn't over the top. They're quite easy to drive too.

15. Amraam

Mobster

I know it's difficult to compare headphones to earphones, but they've surely got at least as much bass as sennheiser MX90C earphones (~£30)?

I'm not after head thumping bass (that's what my Z5400 THX 5.1 is for :D) but I want good sounds and bass etc when listening to music/games late at night when 5.1 isn't an option :p