Gaming in Windowed Mode

HR4

HR4

Associate
How many play games in windowed mode. I have just tried it out for Arma 2 and it seems o.k, I don’t usually play in windowed mode, but it got me to wondering how many do or how many have tried it out...

Sorry if this has already been discussed..

Soldato
I always play in Windowed mode. To much skyping/msn/browsing in between rounds. :p

Does running in a window have a big affect on performance?

Soldato
Any game that supports borderless windows I enable it, very useful in itself but doubly do with dual screens where you can move mouse out to do other stuff and still have game visible on primary monitor.

Soldato
hmmm I usually have full screen but a few times I have alt tabbed (last night tf2) I couldn't get back in game.
How would you go about full screen borderless?

Soldato
Does running in a window have a big affect on performance?

Depends on the game, it's graphical settings or maybe how much you are running at the same time.

Few games might stutter or won't run as perfectly smooth than fullscreen. Funnily enough I find this the case with emulators. I tend to play fullscreen with them because it runs so much smoother.

But for the most part and if you have a good system, it shouldn't be too noticeable.

Soldato
In Source games it's available in video options along with regular Windowed and Fullscreen modes.

Are you sure? I only get fullscreen and regular windowed. I don't recall ever seeing a borderless option there, certainly don't have one in TF2 at the moment. :confused:

You can enable it though.

• Right click on TF2 (or any source game) in Steam and select "Properties".
  • On the "General" tab, click "Set Launch Options".
  • Add "-window -noborder" in the box.
  • Click "Ok", "Close" and launch TF2.

Job done. :) You can also add "-novid" to skip the videos when launching the game and get straight in.

Back
Top Bottom