Gaming Keyboard Mouse Combo Suggestions

DHR

DHR

Soldato
My nephew is dipping his toes into PC gaming, won't lie I've lost touch over the years was was after some pointers re entry to mid level keyboard and mouse combos (....for a 12 year old :D).

I've got a razer ultimate and a razer deathstalker for reference, the ultimate will no doubt drive his parents crackers because of where the PC is, but I'm thinking he'll be leaning more toward something full size with silent switches, if that's a thing? Instead of the flatter profile deathstalker layout.

Mouse, completely open to recommendations!

TIA

Associate
I am using the Logitech G502 lightspeed wireless mouse with a Logitech G513 Tactile keyboard, it's not that noisy for a mechanical keyboard but it feels great and goes together well with the G502 mouse.
There is a Linear version of my keyboard which is quieter and a clicky version which is the loudest.
I'm very happy with the way they play together in the games I play which are mainly Ring of Elysium, COD Modern Warfare and similar.

Soldato
If it's for a 12 year old then I suggest cheap and cheerful as if he's anything like my daughter they'll both get wrecked in months :)

I've always found Logitech mice to be good, even the cheap ones. I'd forget mechanical keyboards and just get a membrane one he likes the look of.

Soldato
You can actually pick up a Logitech G402 (little brother to the 502) at the moment for under £20 if you shop around.

I'm using one myself at the moment and it's a cracking mouse for the price.

Caporegime
My nephew is dipping his toes into PC gaming, won't lie I've lost touch over the years was was after some pointers re entry to mid level keyboard and mouse combos (....for a 12 year old :D).

I've got a razer ultimate and a razer deathstalker for reference, the ultimate will no doubt drive his parents crackers because of where the PC is, but I'm thinking he'll be leaning more toward something full size with silent switches, if that's a thing? Instead of the flatter profile deathstalker layout.

Mouse, completely open to recommendations!

TIA

HyperX do a keyboard for circa £50 and Corsair do a K55 for circa £40. Both are membrane which IMO is what you want for a kid. In fact if my keyboard broke todayI'd buy membrane. I don't think mechanical is any better. It was all marketing and a gimmick. They are so noisey it's actually made me wonder if I should take the hit sell my keyboards and go back.

As for mouse Steelseries 310 is available for £30 and a top end mouse using the latest sensors. Roccat Tyon was £25 last time i checked and a top end mmo mouse. Then you have zowies which tend to be cheap and again high end.

So you are talking less than £75 for both if you buy smart. You will still get RGB and all the other stuff that is cool.

Associate
for any new gamer they don't need anything fancy. I started off with just normal typing keyboards. A while ago I got a LED keyboard for about £20 which I still use and my daughter has one and is fine - its along the lines of https://www.overclockers.co.uk/speedlink-lamia-gaming-keyboard-black-uk-kb-00d-sl.html

this xmas I got a Razer chroma cyanosa keyboard for about £50 - and I love it - it just feels so good quality. However that's not needed for a new gamer.

Back
Top Bottom