Gaming Kickstarters

Soldato
Played Tsuro Phoenix Rising which I received a little while back. Awesome game, really simple to get the hang of but with surprising amount of variance and tactics to the game. See that becoming a family favourite pretty swiftly.

Eventually managed to get a name of someone at Jasco Games and get my refund on the Street Fighter project. Chap was really nice, apologises for the hassle I've had and sorted me a refund really swiftly.

It probably will end up a good project but I genuinely think it will be lucky if it's released even by next Christmas and I still have a few doubts it will land at all. Shame but will just reinvest in Car Wars I'm thinking.

Soldato
Indeed. I missed the original Gloomhaven hype (got 4th print run) Love the game.

Anything special / kickstarter exclusive stuff given out with the original KS?
Solo scenario booklet (which you can download as a pdf but would be nice to have the printed one). Lots of rule changes from version 1 to 2 (two was also a kickstarter). There isnt many exclusives really, the latest printing is the best version really (5th).

Soldato
Took the plunge and just backed Car Wars, not arriving until 2021 but it looked too good to pass on and my son will love it.

Will probably need to find more money for Return to the Dark Tower from restoration games due out 14/01.

Soldato
Return to the Dark Tower is live for those older folk looking for some 80's throwback.

Bit pricier than I was expecting but will still cough up as I loved it as a kid.
Yeah its a huge price on it, more than I was expecting. I just finished my Imperial Assault collection so I can't justify this, id rather get Twilight Imperium for the money anyway I think. Next kickstarter for me is Frosthaven.

Soldato
When you look at what they've done including the app etc it's a lot of work but I can't see it retailing near that price so I do wonder if they're trying to squeeze a but extra.

I will probably back it anyway :p

Soldato
Kanban EV will be hitting Kickstarter at 2pm.

Also Kaiju Exchange has relaunched and still has an early bird on until the end of today. I don't have a link to hand, but it's easily found by searching KS itself.

Soldato
The next PC Pathfinder game has gone live. Due June 2021 (So Jan 2022 then)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...hteous?ref=discovery_category&term=Pathfinder

Kingmaker has a lot of issues on release but they constantly updated it. I didn't encounter any myself though and have played through 3 times so far.
Chris Avellone is back with them once again.
I backed it the moment I saw it was up.

Loved Kingmaker (only encountered one major bug) and have spent many hours in it - but never finished!

Associate
Just backed Marvel United... sucker for minis, looks like it could be a nice light family game.

Edit - Spelling!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just backed Marvel United... sucked for minis, looks like it could be a nice light game family game.
I like the look of it, plus marvel etc, but the game itself looks really shallow and kinda boring, I was expecting some kind of AQ clone which would have been so much better. Not sure if I'll keep my pledge for it.

Back
Top Bottom