1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Laptop - £1,500.

Discussion in 'Laptops & Tablets' started by Chris G, 6 Apr 2021.

1. Chris G

Associate

Evening all! Long time lurker, first time posting! :cool:

It’s been a while since I’ve had a dedicated gaming tower when I used to spend hours on MW1, Battlefield 2, RuneScape (Etc etc) so I’m a little out of form when it comes to configurations! I was hoping for a bit of guidance if possible please? :)

I’m after something which is complete overkill for maxing out games such as Fortnite, Apex Legends, RuneScape, Football Manager.

I’ll also need to use it for heavy work loads as I’m currently working away from the office!

I’ve been leaning towards the Lenovo Legion 7, can anybody recommend anything else instead with a budget of £1500?

Cheers!

2. Kohaashi

Mobster

Is that the 2070 Super Max-Q model?

The 30 Series RTX cards have landed, but Lenovo is still working on releasing these in their laptops. They recently released the 5 Pro with a 3070 that some people got for £1300 - that sold out fast though.

For your budget I’d be looking at a 3060 or 3070 or 2080 Super MaxQ.

It depends on how soon you need it. There is a shortage of RTX chips and AMD processors. Plus Intel is expected to release their new 11th gen chips for laptops in May/ June.

3. Chris G

Associate

I’m not after anything too amazing which I’ll either have to wait for or that’ll dominate Crysis at max. I probably won’t be asking it to run AAA games as I’ve got a series of consoles for that. Just to hit 100 FPS or so on max settings the titles I’ve mentioned. (Apex, Fortnite, Football Manager, Call Of Duty too perhaps?)
    Cheers!

4. Brazo

Mobster

Do you prioritise raw power in a cheaper chassis or less powerful in a more stylish, better quality chassis?

5. Chris G

Associate

Raw power every time! I couldn't care less about style/RGB, bells & whistles etc etc.

Give me all the power! :D

6. Chris G

Associate

7. Brazo

Mobster

I was more thinking cheap build quality and flexible chassis and screens that bend rather than RGB:D

Those are still the kinda of things you will get on £1.5k laptops if you focus on raw power alone.

8. Chris G

Associate

Edit.

9. Chris G

Associate

Of course, I thought as much so I guess I’m trying to find a sweet spot in between!

Can anybody recommend a solid build with good internals? Around £1,500 pounds!

10. Jimbo Mahoney

Soldato

I'm going for this - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...z-ryzen-r7-5800h-gaming-laptop-lt-2cz-as.html

Ordered this morning but oddly it's now disappeared from OcUK!?

Wonder if I bought the last one or if they will tell me they can't process the order...

I went for it because it's got a Ryzen, which I'm intrigued to have a play with, and a 130W (!) 3060...

I reckon I dodged a bullet there. Order rejected due to no stock. Reckon I'll just have to pre-order the Legion 5 and be patient!

EDIT - I'm too impatient... https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...-240hz-i7-10870h-gaming-laptop-lt-2df-ms.html

Last edited: 13 Apr 2021
  11. Simmz

Mobster

Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gaming Laptop - 32GB RAM, RTX 3070, Ryzen 7 5800H, 500 NITS 165Hz

Can nab that for like £1400 if don't mind waiting 6 weeks.

12. Squink

Mobster

Doesn’t the website say at least six weeks? Either way, the 5 Pro is looking like easily the best value premium gaming laptop at the moment.

13. Minstadave

Caporegime

Looks like the way forwards. Good cooling and high TDP version of the 3070. Has a second M2 slot too.

14. kakarott

Gangster

This is the way

15. Kohaashi

Mobster

I'd either order the Alienware m15, the MSI GE66, or the Lenovo Legion 5 Pro.