Gaming Monitor to pair with RADEON RX VEGA VII

Associate
Hello all,

I just built a new gaming system paired with ASROCK RADEON RX VEGA VII and a RYZEN 2700X.
Currently, am using a 1080p monitor and would like to upgrade to a 1440p or 4k monitor.

My budget is that of 1000 Euros max.

Can you please suggest an ideal monitor for my new setup?

Soldato
Hi guys,

Any suggestions pleas?

I don’t think there’s a right answer, since there is no such thing as a perfect monitor. Personally, I would avoid 4K if you like to play fast paced games. Your system will handle 4K well but it will likely struggle in the next year or two.

Which leaves you to choose between a TN panel with Freesync at 1440p, which is the cheapest and easiest option. Or a 32” VA at 1440p which has its own problems. After that you have expensive IPS panels with awful quality control or ultra wide panels which are expensive and also with quality control problems.

I think you need to narrow down your requirements first, based on the games you play.

Associate
OP
I don’t think there’s a right answer, since there is no such thing as a perfect monitor. Personally, I would avoid 4K if you like to play fast paced games. Your system will handle 4K well but it will likely struggle in the next year or two.

Which leaves you to choose between a TN panel with Freesync at 1440p, which is the cheapest and easiest option. Or a 32” VA at 1440p which has its own problems. After that you have expensive IPS panels with awful quality control or ultra wide panels which are expensive and also with quality control problems.

I think you need to narrow down your requirements first, based on the games you play.
Many thanks for your reply!

Mainly I play Strategy, and RPG games.
Also, I would like to wall mount the monitor.

Man of Honour
Many thanks for your reply!

Mainly I play Strategy, and RPG games.
Also, I would like to wall mount the monitor.
For wall mounting most will do that, just check it has a VESA mount option :)

Have a look at the 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS FreeSync displays, even 25" depending on your desk setup?

Unless you really want a massive 32" screen?

Associate
OP
For wall mounting most will do that, just check it has a VESA mount option :)

Have a look at the 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS FreeSync displays, even 25" depending on your desk setup?

Unless you really want a massive 32" screen?
To be honest I was lurking towards 27-32 inch. At work I use a 32-inch monitor, so am used to the size.

Any recommendations that you might suggest, please?

Associate
OP
Hello again guys,

Many thanks for your input so far.

I checked some reviews about the AORUS and damm it is really such a nice monitor.

However after some more googling :) I saw this monitor
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £571.69 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

I think considering it is 5" bigger and got the same specs (without the RGB and other candy stuff, which am not after) think that would be a better buy.

What do you think?

Soldato
Whats the story with VA panels these days is the colour smearing and ghosting still an issue ?

I had a 144hz VA for a short time and was concerned about the ghosting before I ordered it. After I received it, I knew pretty quickly I didn't want the monitor but it wasn't for the ghosting, so I didn't test it extensively. Oddly enough, the only place I noticed it was moving the mouse pointer over the background of the OCUK forums.

I suspect it's one of those things you either notice at once and HATE, or you aren't really bothered - certainly it doesn't happen with every colour combination. For me, it was a lot less noticeable than the IPS glow I had on a different panel.

Associate
OP
That monitor but is out of stock and not within my budget. So regarding UltraWide monitors, what are your recommendations on available OCUK stock.

The following would be my requirements:

1440P
VESA mounting
Preferable 900 Euros (since I have to pay 100 euros for shipping)

Soldato
The Acer X34P is generally fairly well-received, though I'd suggest you don't limit yourself to a single retailer if you're looking for the best price.

Associate
OP
Hello again,

I did some more browsing and came up with the following:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,279.55 (includes shipping: £19.62)​

What do you think, I like the ASUS one a lot to-be-honest. Seems a good all arounder.

Back
Top Bottom