1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming on large TV, htpc questions

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Paul11, 7 Feb 2006.

1. Paul11

Capodecina

Hi all
    Im looking to build a htpc to go on a sony 50" tv.
    I was wondering if once i have that set up, will my old pc will become redundant and ill mainly use the htpc (browsing, gaming etc)

do you have both a pc for gaming and another as htpc do you combine them and have just one ?

will it be useable on a 50" screen with a wireless keyboard/mouse as a normal pc ?

im just trying to work out what parts to buy (a whole new box) or just upgrage my existing box and use that instead

thank you please

2. Tommer

Gangster

im about to upgrade my current setup and what i plan to do is get a silverstone case and put the compnents i already have in that, put it under the tele and connect to the tele with a vga cable and optical out to the av amp, wireless keyboard and mouse.

The main pc i use for gaming, internet and works stuff, the htpc i'll just use for thngs like media centre, maybe more fun games like emulator stuff and platform and race games.

3. Paul11

Capodecina

ok, so i think im going to need to keep two pc's, the question is do i have the good graphics card in the htpc or the normal pc for playing games?

anyone play games on their large screen tvs ? how is it ?

is it better on a pc monitor ?