GAMING PC BUDGET £150-250 (BLACK FRIDAY) plz help

Associate

For gaming he would be better off with an Xbox, i hate to say it but ultimatley that pc would be left in the dust by an xbox one.

Associate
OP
oh and by the way, I found a second-hand pc which costs 160 pounds and I will tell you the specs for it:

- Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2Gb

- Windows 10 Pro
-250gb SSD
-1Tb storage
-20GB RAM
-Intel Core I5-3470 3.70ghz
-21” Monitor
-Keyboard+ Mouse

the seller also said he will provide a power supply

are these specs good and could you possibly tell me the benchmark for some games for these specs?

Associate
OP
oh and by the way, I found a second-hand pc which costs 160 pounds and I will tell you the specs for it:

- Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2Gb

- Windows 10 Pro
-250gb SSD
-1Tb storage
-20GB RAM
-Intel Core I5-3470 3.70ghz
-21” Monitor
-Keyboard+ Mouse

the seller also said he will provide a power supply

are these specs good and could you possibly tell me the benchmark for some games for these specs?

could you guys give me an estimate of what performance I should expect in games with this build?

Soldato
You wont be playing any modern games with that setup tbh, the 750ti was a solid budget card back in 2014 but it'll not get you far with modern games. A system like that would be passable if it had a more modern/powerful gpu, something along the lines of an RX570, but that's half your budget by itself.

Honestly, unless you only want to play titles like League of Legends and some older games I'd forget about it and buy a console.

Associate
OP
i HOPE I DONT HAVE ANOTHER POST LIMIT LIKE YESTERDAY, I COULDNT POST FOR 24 HOURS COS I POSTED 15 TIMES ON MY FIRST DAY ;(
You wont be playing any modern games with that setup tbh, the 750ti was a solid budget card back in 2014 but it'll not get you far with modern games.

Honestly, unless you only want to play titles like League of Legends and some older games I'd forget about it and buy a console.

I watched some youtube videos on the specs and it actually ran modern titles quite well to be honest like fortnite at 70-80fps at medium settings, apex legends at 60 fps at low to medium settings at 1080p and dead by daylight at50-55fps.

so this pc feels like a good entry-level to mid-range gaming pc I think 0_o

Soldato
Fortnite will run on older hardware easily enough.

Dead by Daylight is a slightly older game with low system requirements.

Apex Legends is probably going to struggle to get 30FPS, which I'd personally find unplayable.

The system you're looking at is far, far away from being mid range.

20GB of RAM is a bit of an odd amount, I'd ask him what RAM configuration (how many sticks of what speed) he's running.

Also ask him the EXACT specification of the power supply.

If your intent is to play older or low system requirement games the stuff you're looking at should be okay, you'd still get a better experience on a console. If you're planning on playing modern AAA games that are launching currently and going forward, you're going to quickly run into problems that a cheap GPU upgrade wont be able to solve.

Last edited:
Associate
Xbox One S can play most games 1080p@60fps and it can upscale games to 4k if you have a 4k TV, it also supports HDR.

The second hand PC's you are looking at will only be able to do 1080p@60 if you put the games on low settings.

In all honesty, i hate telling you this as i love PC gaming and as far as i can see i will always have a pc for gaming.

But..your budget is restricting you to buying PC's that are 8 years old, their day has come and gone and the probability of you having problems with them in the next 12 months is very high.

Stick with a console for now and when you can afford £600-£800 then look and buying an entry level gaming PC.

Back
Top Bottom