Gaming pc (future proof) gpu in hand

Soldato
@Plec @orbitalwalsh I don’t like waiting haha
I ordered the ASUS ROG Ryujin Performance AIO CPU Liquid Cooler with OLED Display - 360mm :D
And got 2 sp120 fans for the top of the case. (Hopefully I can find 2 more fan sockets on the mobo....

would have gone for the Aorus, keeping it together with one software rather then two . Also believe Aorus unit is slightly better along with Nzxt/Corsair flagships

Oled is tiny to aorus's if that's your thing etc

Soldato
You realise you will technically own ~£700 worth of coolers until you start returns?!

That has to be some kind of record. You should line them up and take a pic for prosperity. :D

Soldato
OP
You realise you will technically own ~£700 worth of coolers until you start returns?!

That has to be some kind of record. You should line them up and take a pic for prosperity. :D

thank god my Mrs can’t see your reply!!!! :(:o luckily the beige noctua was returned!

Soldato
thank god my Mrs can’t see your reply!!!! :(:o
Yep, if she's like my wife she just see's the techy box and her eyes glaze over - you'll be safe.

/shouts and waves at Mrs Cosmic182 :D

That said - my wife took interest in her new office machine i built for remote working. For an Ofice 365 machine, for some reason, it needed a hefty RTX 2070 to compliment the already over specced 3700X?!?

*I lost my study @orbitalwalsh -- i have to share and i'm watching my wife's build being used primarily for Office and Fortnite. I could have merged a 3200G with a Duplo brick for that.

Soldato
OP
@Plec haha!! Shhhh :eek::mad:
@orbitalwalsh

ok guys, got the Aorus aio 360 installed and working a treat inc temps :D removed the 3 sp120 fans from the front and used the Aorus fans. However, my 3 remaining sp120 fans all work great and light up, but they won’t colour change? Just stuck on white (where as before I could change the colour with the case buttons)

Any ideas what May fix?

thanks chaps :)

ps @Plec, how’s your youngster doing?

Cinebench (big improvement)

Last edited:
Soldato
Need to wire the. Up how you found them, but just in their new position .

Aorus fans should be attached to mobo headers

Pump set to max ? Should be quiet - ish

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh

Yep, pump is set to max and quiet-ish it is. All is ruinning great.

Yep, wired up the same way. Just the 3 SP120 wont change ( on the case) from the white RGB. (I havent used the original 3 front case fans) I used the 3 extra I bought originally.

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh i might have to remove the 3 sp120 fans and re do them. Funnily enough CUE software won’t pickup any of the sp120 fans :/ just weird how the case buttons won’t change the rgb.

Try using the 3 original RGB fans from the front that's now removed in the hub .

Corsair wiring if different from most argb fans which is a pain. MSI boards have to use a £5 cable to connect to Corsair Hub boxes

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh damn, yep that is the problem. Just hooked one of the original 3 up and bam! It works :D just a PITA that I will have to undo some zip ties and ruin my neat cable organisation.

thanks guys
Sorry Cosmic182 - i had assumed you copied the YouTube clip.

You will certainly be well versed with the internals of your computer - you're fast becoming quite the niche expert in a vert short amount of time. Again, admire your pragmatism - no moaning, just crack on and get it sorted.

Soldato
OP
@Plec don’t be sorry my friend! I should have been a bit more clear. Woke up at 530am and decided to change the fans over! Got it all sorted and it’s great now.

attched pic...

It’s a shame the Corsair sp120 rag don’t match the Aorus but I believe Aorus don’t sell the fans individually so these will do.

can’t get the ICUE software to add the sp120 fans though.

thanks @Plec @orbitalwalsh

Soldato
looks good. when you bought the SP fans... by themselves or in a pack ?

believe they need their own controller maybe and cant work off the cases hub... could be wrong

Which controller came with the case ???

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £25.72 (includes shipping: £2.74)

also if i recall... this case came out when ARGB hadn't been done bar only NZXT with its own controller. ARGB came after this case. Stock fans might only be able to display soliid colours to all LEDs , whilst the SP ARGB fans you've bought can address each LED with different colours

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194237

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/iCUE-Lighting-Node-PRO-RGB-Lighting-Controller/p/CL-9011109-WW

so yeah....

Commander Pro might work

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en//Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/iCUE-Commander-PRO-Smart-RGB-Lighting-and-Fan-Speed-Controller/p/CL-9011110-WW

Had Corsair Elite AIO been available, would have nudged in that direction as it comees with the command pro​

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh

both those controllers in your basket are installed in the case....

they change colour great now, (don’t match Aorus unfortunately) just weird how they don’t show up in ICUE

would you recommend removing the old controller and getting one of the pro controllers? Will this then make the rgb work within ICUE?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom