Gaming pc (future proof) gpu in hand

Soldato
The new SP fans should worth with iCue , not sure if the old ones will just being RGB and not ARGB.

Did the controller work with iCue before installing new fans /AIO ?
They are SP 120s that are included with the case - so in theory it should all marry up(?) And i think if you buy a pack of 3 you get the controller included (from memry/looking when he was thinking of getting 360mm - but he bought quickly - no messing :D).

Soldato
OP
:o
They are SP 120s that are included with the case - so in theory it should all marry up(?) And i think if you buy a pack of 3 you get the controller included (from memry/looking when he was thinking of getting 360mm - but he bought quickly - no messing :D).

yes, yes I did :( rushed in to it, my downfall.....can you tell :D

I’ll buy the pro controller if we think that will work, I have the 3 sp120 fans that came with the case and 3 sp120 fans that I purchased separately......more fans than a football match!!!!:o

the rgb works great on the current 3, there’s just no rainbow wave effect? It’s all solid changing colours.

Soldato

:o

yes, yes I did :( rushed in to it, my downfall.....can you tell :D

I’ll buy the pro controller if we think that will work, I have the 3 sp120 fans that came with the case and 3 sp120 fans that I purchased separately......more fans than a football match!!!!:o

the rgb works great on the current 3, there’s just no rainbow wave effect? It’s all solid changing colours.

again older SP are static single colour ONLY , newer SP or PRO i think they are called are ARGB! stock fans on your case go from blue to green etc but ALL the lights do. Newer ARGB fans can do this as well as tell each LED within the fan to be a differing colour . X570 is an old case if i recall. Vega 64/56/ GTX 1070 days

Soldato
again older SP are static single colour ONLY , newer SP or PRO i think they are called are ARGB! stock fans on your case go from blue to green etc but ALL the lights do. Newer ARGB fans can do this as well as tell each LED within the fan to be a differing colour . X570 is an old case if i recall. Vega 64/56/ GTX 1070 days
^^^ See @Cosmic182 - he's the wizard with all things RGB/ARGB.

Although, the triple pack i looked at still states 3 x iCUE SP 120 RGB LED with included iCUE Lighting Node Core - same as what's included/attached with case(?).

*This is why i avoid all things bright/shiny... :D

Soldato
OP
@Plec @orbitalwalsh you’re both wizards!!! :D This is more confusing than the actual build!!

Could one of you kind wizards link me to 3 fans that are ARGB ones :( ones that can do multicolour like the Aorus ones.

3 came with the case (static colours) and 3 are sp120 pro and they were the ones that would only stay white....

Soldato
Could one of you kind wizards link me to 3 fans that are ARGB ones :( ones that can do multicolour like the Aorus ones.

Well, just scanned through video of your case and it does NOT have the Lighting Node Core. installed - but has the simpler RGB Fan LED HUB.

So you would need these - @orbitalwalsh do you concur/agree?:

Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB PRO, RGB LED - triple pack.

These contain the Lighting Node Core for iCUE control

(But would replace original case fans and plug in the new SP 120 Pros that you bought)

EDIT: - or if the case HUB has room buy normal SP 120 non pro - maybe cheaper?

*Note: no impulse buying @Cosmic182 - until we're 100% sure of the best option for you :D

Last edited:
Soldato
@Plec haha :D
Absolutely!!! I don’t fancy a rush trip to Sainsbury’s for a bunch of flowers to soften the blow of yet another parcel delivery :D
@oritalwalsh and I are stuck in front of Zen 3 data/gossip (paper launch just happened) - so he may not reply until later tonight.

Soldato
Haha, it does look great !

You'll find yourself replacing Aorus fans for Corsair soon enough .

Or use them for push pull but turn off their RGB .

Know what your doing and you can splice the Aorus fans to corsair controller. It's been done the opp way around with Aorus Xtreme controller

Soldato
OP
Haha, it does look great !

Or use them for push pull but turn off their RGB .

Know what your doing and you can splice the Aorus fans to corsair controller. It's been done the opp way around with Aorus Xtreme controller

@Plec @orbitalwalsh well I was going to keep the Aorus ones in......I hope you guys are going to take me for a beer after this build is finished because the way it’s going my Mrs will be long gone with all these parcels coming :D

3 matching white Corsair fans coming tomorrow :o

Soldato

3 matching white Corsair fans coming tomorrow :o
LOL

You two could prop up the economy single-handedly if left together in this thread long enough :D

I hope you guys are going to take me for a beer after this build is finished because the way it’s going my Mrs will be long gone with all these parcels coming :D
That will be @orbitalwalsh's penance to take over 'all' matrimonial duties - i'm not sure a single night out covers divorce.

You will at least have the seductive lighting covered... :D

Back
Top Bottom