Gaming pc (future proof) gpu in hand

Soldato
@Plec done thumbs up
Great, you're all set for now. You really have a quality setup (all of it - like the speakers) - and all looks very premium on your desk.

Use and abuse over the next week - play games, surf, YouTube, Spotify, Office, etc... Hopefully, you wont experience any hiccups and this will be your first successful build.

Congrats - i admire the way you just knuckled down and got on with what was asked of you - particularly when faced with reseating the 'original cooler' - no moaning/panic just calm pragmatism and quick results. Excellent first build - and glad it seems to have gone smoothly for you.

Hope the rest of the weeks goes just as smoothly - and just @ me if you run into any issues.

Soldato
OP
@Plec it really has been a pleasure to build, thoroughly enjoyable (kind of wished it lasted longer!) and as stated that purely is down to your kindness and time :) I can totally see why people get the itch to build etc. You clearly have a very gifted talent and expanse knowledge and wish you all the best :D
Hopefully I won’t run in to many problems but I know I’m in good hands if I do!

thank you Sensei :D

Soldato
OP
@Plec @orbitalwalsh

morning! Just a quick one really, I keep looking at this noctua cooler and albeit it 110% better in black with the chromax version, I can’t help but think and look at other builds with liquid coolers? (So much smaller and neater...and flashy rgbs :D

would I see gains on my (good temps) with a liquid cooler or is there not much to be sniffed at?

(I can return both noctuas if need be so don’t mind spending anything up to 250 on a liquid cooler if you can highly recommend one over an air)

ASUS ROG RYUJIN PERFORMANCE AIO CPU LIQUID COOLER WITH OLED DISPLAY - 240MM

the top of my case could accommodate 240mm - 280

If you don’t recommend it, I’ll just stick a couple more sp120 fans up there.

thanks guys :D

Last edited:
Soldato
In Theory, 360 would see you get gains, only because 10850/10900k outs out soo much heat !

Aorus 360 users a better pump and is one of the coolest CLC units with an OLED fans screen that looks the part.. buts it's £200...

Eisbaer/ eisbaer LT which is FULL copper is £100/130 with stronger pump and bigger Inner Diameter

Soldato
Would the autos 360 fit at the top of my case? It seems as there’s only enough slots for 2 fan fixings?

I’ll have a look at the other, much appreciated :)
Very brief (will pop back later):

That case will only accommodate 240mm at the top - so very little performance difference between D15 and an AIO/CLC - it will boil down to aesthetics. But AIOs have more points of failure, and can be noisier - zero
maintenance/worry with an air cooler once installed properly.

Soldato
@Plec @orbitalwalsh Could I potentially run the 360 fans at the front of the case instead of the sp120 fans? And put 2 sp120 fans at the top of the case?

if I’m best sticking with the dh15 noctua then “thumbs up”

Going eisbaer, use the SO fans and not the stock ones, specially LT version .

Aorus AIO, use the fancy RGB ones and the SP around the case .

Again 360 or stick with the air cooler , even if another fan added to the back and remove the rear exhaust fan

Soldato
@Plec @orbitalwalsh Could I potentially run the 360 fans at the front of the case instead of the sp120 fans? And put 2 sp120 fans at the top of the case?
Yes you could - but your wallet will feel the difference more than your CPU - but it should cool slightly better with the right curve and have the overall look you're after.

*I should add that your temps are great with the D15 - so this will be purely for build aesthetic - which is not an issue if you have the funds.

This @orbitalwalsh's field of expertise.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@Plec @orbitalwalsh do you think the 360 hoses would reach from the front of the case to the motherboard comfortably? They are 380mm long :/

At the same time would I lose the rgb? I like the rgb fans at th front....or could I just change the 360 fans to the sp120 rgb ones?

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh is the right person to have on this thread with all things AIO/RGB related. He'll be able to guide you on best AIO, setup etc...

At the same time would I lose the rgb? I like the rgb fans at th front....or could I just change the 360 fans to the sp120 rgb ones?
No, you don't have to lose the RGB.

An example:

Soldato
OP
@Plec @orbitalwalsh I don’t like waiting haha
I ordered the ASUS ROG Ryujin Performance AIO CPU Liquid Cooler with OLED Display - 360mm :D
And got 2 sp120 fans for the top of the case. (Hopefully I can find 2 more fan sockets on the mobo....

Back
Top Bottom