Gaming Pc specs!

Associate
Hi I have no clue about gaming pcs, but I am interested in buying one.

could anyone tell me if this is a good spec pc that will last for a while?
I only really play fortnite with my kids and my 10 year old gaming pc is struggling on low settings!

This is the specs of a secondhand one I am interested in buying and is up for £950.

GTX 1080 ti

Ryzen 9 3900x

16gb ddr4 ram 3200 mhz

SSD 256gb

SSD 500gb

HDD 2TB

H115i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU (for CPU water cooled)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
i dont know about the price but its a half decent gaming PC yes.

a few years back the 1080 Ti was all the rage and considered a beast but has been overtaken now by 2 newer generations. Still very good though

Associate
Imo for £950, not really a "good" buy. Sure components are good, but £950 is a tad high. Also i presume this is a custom build? Receipts, one owner, dust free, etc?

You don't need that kind of spec to play Fortnite anyway. You could probably get an off the shelf build for £300 that runs Fortnite fine. But would recommend not doing that. Current prices not great as graphics cards are inflated right now.

Associate
OP
Imo for £950, not really a "good" buy. Sure components are good, but £950 is a tad high. Also i presume this is a custom build? Receipts, one owner, dust free, etc?

You don't need that kind of spec to play Fortnite anyway. You could probably get an off the shelf build for £300 that runs Fortnite fine. But would recommend not doing that. Current prices not great as graphics cards are inflated right now.

Thanks for the reply, yes I have been told it is just over a year old and was built by himself.

although I am only currently playing fortnite I would like the pc to be able to play some of the triple A games at high settings if possible! As I’m sure I will be playing them as well.

Associate
I expect the graphics card is much older, however the rest of the system could well be just a year old, no real idea to tell. Needs pictures, but moreso receipts to back it up.

The system will keep you going for sure, but you'll lightly want a GPU upgrade at some point. The reality is, it just depends on what settings and frame rates you deem okay. Your monitor will also dictate limitations. But being fair, the 1080ti is still very good and many would run one for another 5yrs+ provided it didn't die.

If it's local it might be worth it, but if it's posted i'd avoid. Damage is too easy unless packed correctly. Right now with GPU costs being picky is not ideal. Though i'd personally want to know what the power supply unit is first.

Receipts are key for electronics of high cost imo.

Soldato
What's the precise PSU model?

Could use also motherboard model.
Not all boards are good for highest CPU models.
(though gaming won't cause full all core load)

Back
Top Bottom