Gaming Speaker Recommendations (£100 - £150)

Associate
Hi guys,

The title says it all. What would you recommend? The environment being a small "game room". I could go over budget a little if necessary for a quality bump.

Thanks

Soldato
Hi guys,

The title says it all. What would you recommend? The environment being a small "game room". I could go over budget a little if necessary for a quality bump.

Thanks
How much space do/don’t you have?
I personally wouldnt look at ‘gaming’ speakers or pc speakers as they are usually poor quality (build and components)

For that price look for active (powered) monitors or passive (ones requiring an amplifier)

Soldato
I agree with Guest2. I have the Creative Katana and even though it's decent you can get better quality sound just buy buying relatively inexpensive active monitors.

Soldato
For stereo config would definitely look for monitor speakers.
Those at least aim to give some sound quality, instead of fancy look and gamer hype brands/names.

But for gaming I would rather take headphones and HRTF than lackluster for immersion stereo sound.
Proper surround speaker setups tend to cost more and also there's that room acoustic (or its likely lack/crappiness) thing...

Soldato
I agree with Guest2. I have the Creative Katana and even though it's decent you can get better quality sound just buy buying relatively inexpensive active monitors.
I have the Corsair SP2500, Creative Katana and stand-mount speakers, and for me personally while there's no doubt for music the stand-mount speaker would be the best, but for gaming specifically I think the Corsair SP2500 is the best out of the 3 as it can deliver decent enough audio, but most importantly it can produce rumble which the stand-mount speakers cannot offer in terms of immersion. The Katana is a bit between the two, and I think it is better for movies etc.

Now I have the best of both worlds, having my Arcam Muso hooked up to the Creative X7 and use the sub from the Corsair SP2500- now I got great sound with amazing soundstage, and enough bass for gaming as well :D

Back
Top Bottom