Gang of boys who threw flour at disabled woman 'put under police protection for their safety'

Caporegime
While on one hand they shouldn't have to tolerate violent threats being made, I suspect most of it is people venting but best to have that direct line to call just to be safe. I do have to wonder about the parent's priorities here.

I'm glad to see that the parent of one of the lads marched his son to the police station and grounded him indefinitely however the mother of one 15 year old is something else - she's worried about his birthday party being ruined? WTF??? Why is the little **** even having a birthday party after what he did?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...r-disabled-woman-police-protection-according/

Y78831P.jpg

Five boys – two aged 17 and three aged 15 – have been arrested and bailed after an image of the group smiling and pointing at the vulnerable victim as she cowered on a park bench in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk caused widespread disgust.

The boys cannot be identified because of their ages but the names of the four suspects and the boy who took the photo have been widely shared online.

A sixth boy – a 16-year-old – was also questioned under caution. The boy remains under investigation.

One of the boys is due to celebrate his 16th birthday, and his mother has said the incident could now jeopardise her son’s party.

She told MailOnline: “We can’t say anything about what went on over the weekend but my son’s name has been leaked over the internet and we’ve had threats.

“I’ve reported the abuse to police and we are now under their protection. If anyone comes to our home to cause problems, we have a number we can call which will get the police here straight away.

“This isn’t what we need. It's my son’s 16th birthday and we’ve got family here for his party.”

I'm guessing he didn't get much of a telling off after the incident, presumably she thinks it is just a phase and is giving him lots of reassurance.

:rolleyes:

Man of Honour
The statement from the mother tells you all you need to know, if it's not made up.

Is it any wonder that she has bred such scum with that mindset.

I can imaging my mum's response.....

"He will be lucky to make his next Birthday and for this one and the coming weeks he is working at this poor ladies house to decorate, mow lawns and do her shopping until the little **** learns his lesson. I've thrown his presents in the bin."

Associate
The statement from the mother tells you all you need to know, if it's not made up.

Is it any wonder that she has bred such scum with that mindset.

I can imaging my mum's response.....

"He will be lucky to make his next Birthday and for this one and the coming weeks he is working at this poor ladies house to decorate, mow lawns and do her shopping until the little **** learns his lesson. I've thrown his presents in the bin."

Spot on, my mum would have made me do all of the above and probably given me a hiding for good measure.

Soldato
Having the townsfolk pelt them with eggs and flour in the town centre would likely defuse the situation. But can't because something something human rights...

Associate
I for sure would have gotten the hiding of a lifetime, one that even Barnardos wouldn't have disagreed with. State of society is disgusting with these kids running round like this.

Borstal and such places should still exist and I for one would 100% vote for National Service to be brought back.

Shawrey

Soldato
Nobody here is saying a named person should have x or y punishment. They're saying those that did it should have x or y punishment. There's a distinct difference.

Still ain't too late for abortion, raise the age to 18.

Perfect candidates for a bit of social justice...

My comment was a joke really, I find it funny you have the same posters talking about innocent until proven guilty in one thread then this they are already guilty apparently even though they have only been charged.

Back
Top Bottom