1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garden Furniture - Recommendations

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by kai, 1 Mar 2021.

1. Delvis

Caporegime

2. Adam Tench

Gangster

I'll second this. I bought a nice corner set with table and bench two years ago and still looks very good.

3. Deep

Soldato

I bought some Alexander Rose wooden furniture last year and love it
    I did have to buy a tarp sheet to cover it over the winter months though and can do with a bit of a clean now the weather is warming up

4. moon man

Mobster

This is the route I go down for most of my garden stuff, my ex made table and benches for me, I just helped paint and assemble, she has an industrial chop saw and impact drivers ect.
    Thiese would hold a massive amount of weight, the tops are metal from a water tank
    In a little bbq area we have really need to sort some tools out myself tbh cost about 50 quid

[​IMG]

5. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

Doesn't look like pallet wood to me. More likely reclaimed wood. Pallet wood is a lot thinner.

6. moon man

Mobster

Nah its tanallised fence post wood
    meant that we down the DIY path rather than pallet wood specifically, or buying new,

Last edited: 8 Apr 2021
  7. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

Oh ok.

Yeah you get a much better product DIY from scratch. I'll probably try and get another 10 pallets next year and make another 2 benches and another table. I have all the stuff I need to do them now in terms of tools, glue, screws and paint. I just need the time now so will be completely free to make bar time.

8. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

I’ve opted to make two outdoor sofas but using IKEA cushions. Will work out around £800 cheaper than buying the equivalent IKEA modular bases.

9. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

I have the IKEA cushions they are great and perfectly sized for pallets cut in half.

10. ristac

Hitman

Just had stock in
    https://www.best-buys.co.uk/product-category/garden/

Used them 2 weeks ago, fantastic service and quality.

I was on a few various forums trying to find out why nobody has stock in for Rattan style furniture, a run last summer combined with shipping delays combined with stores not putting any January orders in as not wanting to sit on it for 4 months during Covid

11. ChrisD.

Caporegime

Currently looking for a set, we have a healthy budget. Went to Burford and they wanted £2500 for a set we like but no delivery until September. I wouldn't mind so much if it was actually made in the UK but she let it slip they're waiting on shipping from China. So basically a massive markup.

https://www.burford.co.uk/outdoor-living/garden-furniture/

The whole shop had nice items but ridiculous markup, I think an Oak dining table was £3k, absolute joke.

12. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

Prices are eye watering.

It's literally worth the time and buying the tools to make your own using free wood or pallets.

13. 200sols

Sgarrista

Still waiting for pictures of your pallet palace.

14. Peerzy

Soldato

:cry::cry::cry:

15. petridish

Hitman

This looks pretty good to me. The fence post idea is a good one and you know it'll be strong. I'm after a higher up bar type table hence why I dropped in the thread but now I'm tempted to just build one. I'll await the big pallet reveal as we have a friend who always has spare pallets going but to be honest I don't think they'd be right for something taller and skinnier. Better suited to benches in my mind.

16. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

I’m going to build two of these and then use the same principles to build a table with a concrete top, hopefully with a burner in.

17. Martynt74

Capodecina

How do you they usually discount if you suggest ignoring their prices?

We wanted the Ikea Solleron stuff, but they've been out of stock for months so i've given up any hope of getting it and just buying elsewhere.

18. Martynt74

Capodecina

Looks great. Sadly my wife didn't want wooden ones.

Out of curiosity, any idea what that thing is he uses at around 3:15, seems to be some kind of clamp but i can't work it out.

19. peterwalkley

Mobster

I may be a bit late here, but we bought a patio set in cast aluminium that came from https://www.hartmanuk.com/ Its 3 or 4 years old now. You don't need to cover it up in winter, all I've done each spring is go over it all with a bucket of soapy water and cloth to get the usual bird poo, cobwebs and other random muck off it. Its much lighter than the wooden set it replaced, so considerably easier to move around too.

20. alexakasloth

Sgarrista