Garden Furniture - Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That Hartman site rather usefully has a 'where to buy' system which shows no sellers in the UK. :rolleyes:

I bought the Ikea Applaro table last year. After a winter under a tarp (which their website says is a suitable storage method), the table top had warped so it was swaybacked and had one leg raised by about 4 inches, the supports of the leaves had warped so they can't move out so you can't extend the table, and the varnish on top has been stripped off by the tarp moving slightly in wind.

Actually, the table seems to have straightened itself out after a bit of sun - the legs are back to all touching the ground at once. And I don't really blame Ikea for the varnish stripping (although maybe you'd expect it to be a bit more hard-wearing than that). But my continued contacts to them about getting replacement support arms on the 21st, 26th, 28th of March and the 17th, 24th and 30th April, have still not seen them do anything about it. On each occasion they have either ignored me completely, or asked a question which I answer immediately and then they ignore me.

Soldato
How do you they usually discount if you suggest ignoring their prices?

We wanted the Ikea Solleron stuff, but they've been out of stock for months so i've given up any hope of getting it and just buying elsewhere.

Plenty of complaints on their facebook page. Prices displayed where always advertised as 50% off and have been for the last few years. As soon as this years stock appeared on their website, the discounts where no longer applied. People have accused them of taking advantage of the lockdowns with folk choosing to spruce up their gardens. Plenty are also questioning the true price of the furniture given that they always sold at one price and now that price has doubled. Some think it's to do with the increased cost of shipping containers but the company aren't telling.

Soldato

I’m going to build two of these and then use the same principles to build a table with a concrete top, hopefully with a burner in.

I'm also planning to build a concrete burner table asap. Quite a few guides on YouTube of Americans doing it. If you do it....video it and take pics and measurements and materials, prices etc. Then put it in the man jobs thread or do a thread on it!

Soldato
I'm also planning to build a concrete burner table asap. Quite a few guides on YouTube of Americans doing it. If you do it....video it and take pics and measurements and materials, prices etc. Then put it in the man jobs thread or do a thread on it!

Yeah, will do. Main thing I’m struggling with is actually sourcing a burner. Majority seem to be foreign or American suppliers. Anything available in the uk is astronomically price.

Associate
Just had stock in
https://www.best-buys.co.uk/product-category/garden/

Used them 2 weeks ago, fantastic service and quality.

I was on a few various forums trying to find out why nobody has stock in for Rattan style furniture, a run last summer combined with shipping delays combined with stores not putting any January orders in as not wanting to sit on it for 4 months during Covid

Got ours from here as well last year. Managed to pick up and ex-display Harbo Triest set for a good deal just before the start of lockdowns. Also delivered it for free that evening as we are only 5 mins down the road so it was on the van drivers way home. Happy days!

Soldato
I got sick of garden furniture rotting out and rusting within very little time.

The stuff I've since bought is all aluminium and 2 years in is pristine. Kept outside and not covered.

Whatever you get, if it's metal, make sure it's alu. Not only will it last, it's lightweight!

Soldato
I can highly recommend this set from homebase:
https://www.homebase.co.uk/matara-7-seater-corner-garden-sofa-set/12882314.html

Our friends got the set last year and I was so impressed I bought a set a couple of months ago. The seats are really comfy, not like the cheeper ones where you can feel the hard surface through thte cushion.

Thanks for posting - we went there at the weekend (they're only about 15 minutes up the road) and they had exactly the set we were wanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom