Garden Shredders

Soldato
Does anyone have a decent one? I've been looking at the Bosch Shredder AXT 25 TC, which seems to come up on offers now and again for £280. While this is one/the more expensive ones, the reviews still suggest problems, mainly that they seem good for small branches, but a bit rubbish for anything green/leafy.

Short of spending 1000s on a wood chipper, does anyone have experience with a decent shredder that works well with everything from hedge clippings, leafs and small branches? Ideally down to mulch that can just be chucked around the garden and forgotten about? Or is the money better spent on trips to the tip?

Associate
I think the challenge is you cannot get one shredder to do everything if you want finely chopped output and handling of leaves. The AXT 25 TC does try to do both with the combination crush/cut type cutter, but it won't do the very small stuff as well as the other Bosch impact units with a fast rotating blade.

I settled on a cheaper (£120) crusher style drum shredder as my main requirement is medium to larger stuff and I like the auto feed this gives. If I wanted to do small stuff well I would buy an AXT 2200 as well and the total cost wouldn't be far off the AXT 25 TC and its very expensive to replace cutter.

Soldato
I had one similar (not sure of the make/name) but it was crap, I wanted to sort out the stuff I cut from my hedge but because it wasn't perfectly straight branches they kept getting stuck, gave it to a bloke down the street who then decided the same as me and left it out for the bin men a few months later.

Back
Top Bottom