*** GB News *** (stay on topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well wasnt that Posie Parker woman already cancelled and lost her job(s) just for saying there are only two genders?

Also this is more of a prevalence in the US than it is in the UK. It happens, but maybe not as much here.
So you have one example from the US and she seriously suggested straight men with guns should use the ladies toilets in public to protect the ladies from the trans people…..

Come back when you have something real this all just sounds like you are scared you are going to fall in love with a trans person on Saturday night in the pub.

Associate
Not in this volume in such a small space of time the whole thing feels very low budget, the production values, the set, the sound is all really poor.

Maybe the lack of funding and advertisers pulling out?

You know those things require money right?

Hand them the same budget as the BBC and see what would happen then.

So you have one example from the US.

Really not wanting to go off topic here, but can I just point out that this is an incident that happened here in England, not the US.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maybe the lack of funding and advertisers pulling out?

You know those things require money right?

Hand them the same budget as the BBC and see what would happen then.

They only launched 5 days ago.

Do you seriously think that Kopperberg pulling their adverts had already had a knock on effect on GB news?

I think you've had too much internet and need to go wander around in the real world for a few weeks.

Associate
They only launched 5 days ago.

Do you seriously think that Kopperberg pulling their adverts had already had a knock on effect on GB news?

I think you've had too much internet and need to go wander around in the real world for a few weeks.

Well if they only launched 5 days ago then why are you so mad over a few early mistakes they make while mostly still setting up?

Telling me to go out in the real world while you get offended over spelling errors on a news channel, thats quite rich tbh.

Maybe try going outside yourself and discovering that theres a lot more to life than getting this mad over seeing 'question' mistyped as 'ouestion'.

Caporegime
They read out an email from 'Mike Oxlong' :D

The on screen graphics also read Miner's Penison rather than pension and Dan Wootton's 'the big question' was spelled as ouesion. Professional stuff this is!

Well if they only launched 5 days ago then why are you so mad over a few early mistakes they make while mostly still setting up?

Telling me to go out in the real world while you get offended over spelling errors on a news channel, thats quite rich tbh.

Maybe try going outside yourself and discovering that theres a lot more to life than getting this mad over seeing 'question' mistyped as 'ouestion'.

Maybe sort out your reading comprehension first.

Last time I looked I'm not el_dazza...

Soldato

Nobody is mad about it people just find it funny that they can’t proof read what goes on screen and fell for one of the oldest phone pranks in the world. The low rent set, dodgy production and awful sound long pre-date the advertisers pulling out it seems most of the money has gone on ‘big name’ presenters leaving not enough for a nice sofa, some decent studio lights and few decent microphones!

On the subject of advertisers I have this morning started the process of moving away from a bank I have had accounts with since childhood as they have chosen to give money to this channel, if they support this nonsense then they don’t deserve my hard earned cash.

Associate
Maybe sort out your reading comprehension first.

Last time I looked I'm not el_dazza...

But you replied to the conversation being annoyed at the same thing.

If it didn't bother you then you wouldn't be bothered to reply about my statement of it maybe being caused by early days or low funding.

Obviously you just have a giant chip on your shoulder and want to hate everything about both me and this news channel, you're free to do that but realize that the problem here is you and not the things you are complaining about.

Maybe try listening to your own advice and going outside for a walk. You really seem like you need it desperately.

Associate
I've seen sky news spell stuff wrong, it's usually in the night though, prolly when the B team take over

Well its very likely GBnews haven't been able to put together the best staff yet for editing and such things, so what?

To have a go at them for writing 'ouestion' instead of 'question' while the same lot of you constantly write 'would have' instead of 'would've' all over this forum is far funnier.

Soldato
Well its very likely GBnews haven't been able to put together the best staff yet for editing and such things, so what?

To have a go at them for writing 'ouestion' instead of 'question' while the same lot of you constantly write 'would have' instead of 'would've' all over this forum is far funnier.
Because none of us are pretending to be serious journalists, it can’t be that difficult to get an experienced proof reader on board and a call filter that can spot the oldest gags in the book. Again I don’t think anyone is annoyed about it they just find it funny that GB news is so low rent the sound and lighting is dire which is unforgivable really as they are pretty simple to get right.

Associate
Because none of us are pretending to be serious journalists, it can’t be that difficult to get an experienced proof reader on board and a call filter that can spot the oldest gags in the book. Again I don’t think anyone is annoyed about it they just find it funny that GB news is so low rent the sound and lighting is dire which is unforgivable really as they are pretty simple to get right.

I would reckon that 'serious journalism' is not dependent on the quality of a TV show / broadcast.

I can't really take any other form of journalism more seriously than this one given how much they suppress non liberal opinions and get offended over every tiny thing such as accusing Meghan Markle about making up her depression.

I watched GMB on YouTube up to that point and I honestly don't even like Piers Morgan, but I agree he has the right to voice his opinions and he was literally the only person discussing things that no one else would.

Every replacement they've tried to put in instead of Piers since then has simply been beyond dire. Maybe they get the spellings, lighting and cameras etc all correct, but the people are all boring liberal wallflowers.

Soldato
This is funny, and just how many times do left wingers complain that everything is alt right nazi hate speech?

And no, by mainstream media I mean most written news sources. I've not had a TV my whole adult life as I refuse to pay the BBC any money, in general I have little issue with other channels. There is pretty much nothing the BBC put out that I am interested, I mostly just laugh at most of what they do make that I get to see on YouTube.

Remind me again about how much constant hatred the vast majority of the media showed towards Donald Trump? The entire western entertainment industry (I.E Hollywood) is left leaning only and only promotes liberal ideology. All of online social media vehemently tries to cancel and shut down anyone that it thinks is right wing, tell me again just how much of a 'transphobe' J.K Rowling is?

Most things in Western media are presented with a liberal bias. When the BBC finally covered the issue of illegal migrants crossing the channel, and only Months after Farage did so independently ... 'Oh noez, all these poor people, we have to help them all'.

You do know its now considered a hate crime to refuse to have intercourse with a trans or non binary person?

Lets looks at UK written news and see which are right and which are left.

Right
Sun, The Times, The Telegraph, The Express, The Daily Mail, Evening Standard

Left
The Mirror, The Guardian, The Independent (that is very generous as its just online)

So a clear right bias it is then.

You do realise that we like most of Europe and North America live in liberal democracies right? You appear to consider anything left of the right wing of the Tories, leftist.

Soldato
There certainly is a huge amount of people who don't watch GB News (and apparently absolutely hate it) yet somehow still love using this thread to either talk about something they apparently don't watch or, more commonly, just to generally insult those who say that they do watch it, it's all just so childish :D

Associate
I've not watched any GB news but from my assumptions I would guess that firstly £60m doesn't go too far when launching a whole new media program and I bet a lot of the budget was spent on getting presenters, leaving little for the important aspects of media production.

I would also think that with Andrew Neil being the Chairman, he probably put a huge emphasis on the "face on the screen" and Interview style parts of the job (something he is very experienced in) and probably very little on the background running of a studio. Something he probably had little experience of since his Newspaper background which went straight into hosting (plus his education being focused on politics rather than media studies).

They are entering a bit of a precarious situation if they can't fix these gaffes (something that probably requires significant investment into studio staff) and what most people are referring to as cheap and tacky backdrops/sets (more investment) whilst advertisers are pulling out and their launch is coincided with a very bad timing for the British audience (directly alongside the Euro's). Poor viewing figures (post launch day), may lead to investors being wary of continuing with the project or at least investing the sums necessary to turn it into a flagship type news channel (such as Fox News).

I also wouldn't be surprised that if viewership does start to turn off, if they lurch to even further partisanship to generate content and stories then Ofcom are likely to step in and have them strip the "news" part from their name, since they are already treading a fine line between "news" and "entertainment". I would hazard a guess that Ofcom are a bit more strict on these things than the already heavily partisan US is on their "news" outlets.

Unless they manage to right these issues with their channel, they are looking towards becoming either a very niche low budget offering or eventually dropping the TV series to go online only..

I'm certain this wasn't the launch they were hoping for.

Soldato
There certainly is a huge amount of people who don't watch BBC (and apparently absolutely hate it) yet somehow still love using this thread to either talk about something they apparently don't watch or, more commonly, just to generally insult those who say that they do watch it, it's all just so childish :D

Fixed that for you ;)

Associate
Lets looks at UK written news and see which are right and which are left.

Right
Sun, The Times, The Telegraph, The Express, The Daily Mail, Evening Standard

Left
The Mirror, The Guardian, The Independent (that is very generous as its just online)

So a clear right bias it is then.

You do realise that we like most of Europe and North America live in liberal democracies right? You appear to consider anything left of the right wing of the Tories, leftist.

The UK is somewhat unique in this, yes a lot of 'newspapers' are right leaning, but most people dismiss those as 'Daily Fail' and such. Why did Nigel Farage have to set up his own independent Journalism on youtube, where he exposed illegal channel crossing months before the BBC decided to follow suit on the topic? How long did all of the media and the law ignore ethnic rape gangs and such because it was considered racist to even think that was going on?

How many things continue to be silenced as 'hate speech', just for pointing out things that are maybe slightly uncomfortable to hear? People keep asking me for examples and I would love to give more, but we aren't allowed to go off topic!

A news channel like this NEEDED TO HAPPEN because all other non independent Journalism in the UK is being suppressed by calling every tiny thing hate speech. People earlier saying everything is a fantasy which is only because the media isn't covering it in the first place, and we can't even talk about it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom