GD may close for a while

Permabanned
MoNkeE said:
You're missing the point. It's not that they're not interesting to a particular person - they're largely not interesting to anyone. It's just mindless spam, asking what to buy their father for his 101st birthday (like random strangers would know), how to cook a ham sandwich, and general spam like that.

It's been a long time coming, and maybe people will start to think before they submit.

-RaZ

Why are you generalising? If it was as crap as you say it is, how come we have sooooo many posts a day in GD alone?

Soldato
No dont close it :(

I'm one of those who've come for the social, i know bugger all about computer hardware :D I just hang around the Life forums

Associate
Fanatic said:
Then it wont matter if it stays open or closed.

Pointless closing threads, no one is forcing you to read it, therefore don't click it if you don't want to read it. However others may want to read it.

Not really the point is it, as this story shows some people can get really uptight, not only that anyone venturing into GD at the moment may be put off posting here (or the shop by association)

Associate
Surely that mean the MODs need to work harder then to track down, edit or remove the trouble.

Up to now they seem to be doing a pretty good job, why not get more people to help?!

Permabanned
pointless, this sounds more like a warning shot threat than anything. All you would do is spill the nonesense from here onto the sensible forums.

Is this off the back of everyone having a go about Yewen and the way things are on the forums now? A couple of people comment on their views on the place next minute the largest forum in here is possibly getting shut down.....

I expected something like this tbh

Soldato
Gilly said:
No big surprise. I thought I saw this coming when the shift towards the more technical side of things was mooted.

True, although I don't see this as a bad thing (Yes, I know you never implied that you did either, nor am I trying to put words in your mouth :)). A year or so ago, I'd come into GD when the threads on new GFX card technology were becoming stale to entertain myself. But the entertaining part seems to be few and far between at the moment.

-RaZ

Associate
Thanks Spie, got a lot of work to do and my forum addiction isn't helping me get it done! :p

In fact, could someone please suspend me for a week or so?:D

Disregard the smilies, I'm serious! First Don to suspend me gets a box of pralines! (Conditional on their lifting the suspension after a week!;))

Soldato
To be honest, I'm put off posting in here because of the amount of crap that is posted in any given thread. The paypal, ebay, what should I cook, what hand should I use to wipe my backside threads are a little tedious. I understand that GD should actually involve general discussion but certain 'spam' topics should be banned. The amount of personal attacks in my eyes has risen, I don't post here very often because of it. GD could do with a break.

Permabanned
As "good" as GD can be sometimes, it can turn into a bit a of playground. What oven temperature do I put my shepherd's pie on (Link )? How do I do this in Paypal/eBay? I split up with my lass, I need some attention. How long is a piece of string?

Those sort of threads are turning GD into a cess pit.

We need to force some rules into place, not put across suggestions.

Permabanned
manveruppd said:
Thanks Spie, got a lot of work to do and my forum addiction isn't helping me get it done! :p

In fact, could someone please suspend me for a week or so?:D

Disregard the smilies, I'm serious! First Don to suspend me gets a box of pralines! (Conditional on their lifting the suspension after a week!;))

Just log off and show a bit of willpower?

Soldato
iCraig said:
Why are you generalising? If it was as crap as you say it is, how come we have sooooo many posts a day in GD alone?

So many posts? How many posts say nothing but "Spam?", "IBTL", "lol", or "shrapnel" :)p) - a lot of it is mindless spam, or mindless topics.

Amount of posts != quality of posts.

-RaZ

Permabanned
Tony Soprano said:
To be honest, I'm put off posting in here because of the amount of crap that is posted in any given thread. The paypal, ebay, what should I cook, what hand should I use to wipe my backside threads are a little tedious. I understand that GD should actually involve general discussion but certain 'spam' topics should be banned. The amount of personal attacks in my eyes has risen, I don't post here very often because of it. GD could do with a break.
I don't think there is a single point I don't agree with there.

I seriously say we give GD a break, for 4 weeks.

Perhaps people will be able to start doing things for themselves.

Soldato
Ok

And to expand on that rather succint answer :p

Probably for the best given that it seems a lot of the GD Dons have left and I don't see anyone who stand out as suitable replacements willing to put the hours in.

Shame as it's a good forum with some decent posts & posters in, but seems overwhelmed at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom