GD may close for a while

Permabanned
manveruppd said:
You're missing the point dude: it's BECAUSE we have so many posts a day in GD that it's crap! :p

To some people perhaps, but obviously to the majority of people can't get enough. GD is the only forum I know where you can post a thread and within 20 seconds have some responses. That's faster than MSN sometimes.

If it was such a cesspit, why do so many people insist on hanging about on GD?

For the record, I agree that the quality of threads is terrible, but I think the people who hate it, are in a minority.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
If these do close then it would have major implications on other forums.
Spam in them will more then likely increase. And many posted will just leave and not as many people will sign up anymore.
Some people come for the social life but venture up to the Hardware section to get help and get speced up

Soldato
I couldn't care less whether it closes or not. It'll hardly be the end of the world and the spammers and negative posters will still be there when it re-opens!

Don't really see the point.

Soldato
iCraig said:
To some people perhaps, but obviously to the majority of people can't get enough. GD is the only forum I know where you can post a thread and within 20 seconds have some responses. That's faster than MSN sometimes.

If it was such a cesspit, why do so many people insist on hanging about on GD?

For the record, I agree that the quality of threads is terrible, but I think the people who hate it, are in a minority.

Maybe because they are spending so much time looking for a worthwhile thread to actually post in. I disagree, I'm sure quite a few people here are sick of GD at the minute.

Soldato
does it *really* matter so much? i mean, you will always get these kind of issues on a forum - and having GD generally means there is a place to put them

I fear that it will just spill into the other forums and you'll either have to close them too or wipe out most of your userbase.

I believe GD is an integral part of the ocuk community, remove that and I think the place will become more segregated and not as plesant place to be

Soldato
Why do people think spam will increase else where? It's not as if you're going to start finding relationship threads in the Graphics Cards section :confused:

And iCraig, how can you think that the quality of threads is terrible, yet think it should be left alone? The admins have already tried to tell people to stop with the nonsense to no avail, so why not take more drastic steps?

-RaZ

Man of Honour
cleanbluesky said:
How about merely suspending for spam?

What one person perceives as spam isn't the same as someone elses perception. If we're overly tough we get chastised for it, if we're too lax the same thing happens. Then people want to use GD as an outlet for crap - others don't. You can't win ;)

Back
Top Bottom