Gear Thread - Pics

Caporegime
I think it's time to move on one of my guitars. Where would the best place be to list?

It's a Fender '51 Nocaster ReIssue 2008, Relic, Aged Black, Limited Edition 1 of 50

Reverb, Fretboard forum, and eBay last resort.

you could always trade it or sell it to a store like World Guitars in Gloucester who only deal with high end guitars.

with eBay, reverb with PayPal you will get hit with fees so take into account be selling private or on forums because you are expected to sell it slightly lower. Personally I would ask World a Guitar first and see what they offer you. Go on Reverb to see how much similar guitars sells for, if it’s 90% of what they offer you, I would take their offer.

Ps a regular custom shop fender goes for around £2k used these days, on average.

Soldato
I am so weak....amazing sounding guitar though, and beautiful!

I have wanted a Tele for ages, a Squier Tele was the first guitar I ever owned and I always regret selling it to a friend many years ago. Scratched this particular itch now.

ohxR6HD.jpg

2lrYPtz.jpg

Soldato
need more information,but lovely!

Full specs here:

https://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/fender-american-pro-telecaster-rosewood-fingerboard-crimson-red-transparent-p37568/s38001?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=fender-american-pro-telecaster-rosewood-fingerboard-crimson-red-tran-113060738&utm_campaign=product+listing+ads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8s6_gMrb6gIVhu7tCh0ZmQAqEAQYByABEgLLX_D_BwE

I don't especially read too much into the different types of pickups or the numbers and figures per se, if it plays nice and sounds nice then that's all my criteria!

I like the old-style brass saddles and I've never really got used to the Strat hardware - in terms of where to rest my picking hand and placement of the volume pot closest to the strings. No such problems with this and I like to rest my hand on the bridge, so its very comfortable.

Sounds amazing clean with a bit of reverb. Also wanted to keep it simple and as near to a Telecaster as possible. I didn't want anything fancy with it, didn't want a central third pickup, just a simple setup Tele. I made a mistake when I bought my HSS strat, should have just got a SSS strat, so I'm glad I didn't opt for anything convoluted this time round.

Last edited:
Soldato
Latest purchases a Korg OpSix and a Audiothingies MicroMonsta 2. The Micromonsta 2 is quite an interesting little synth, bi-timbral, 6 voices each or mono timbral 12 voices. VA, Wavetables and some FM. A lot of bang for the buck at 299 euro's, sold out pretty quickly. The OpSix is also interesting, instant Outrun if you want to do that kind of thing :D

I've collected a shed load of gear since I last posted in this thread.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Guitars without a neck pickup always look like they are missing something. Did you put the tone knob in yourself?

No, I am really bad at soldering so I got Monty's to do the work, and also replaced the stock with Monty's 54 P90 at the same time. Also replaced the pots from the cheaper unknown to CTS pots and put in a 500k capacity for the tone control.

I know what you mean about the lack of neck pick up, originally was looking at a Les Paul Special but found this cheap on eBay, there is a massive knock to the side and they filled it with resin. Plus I already have a Les Paul with humbuckers and wanted a P90 to leave it out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom