1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gears 5 - out now

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ic1male, 27 Aug 2019.

1. ic1male

Caporegime

[​IMG]

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097840/Gears_5/

So, are we PC people going to put our mouths where our money is and support Microsoft by buying this game on Steam? Or cheat a little and get it on Game Pass?

I’d like this game to sell bucketloads on Steam to show Phil Spencer made the right choice but I think it’s the wrong game. Everyone is waiting for Halo Reach.

I used to love the Horde mode in Gears of War 3 so I'm really interested. Problem is MS made it so easy to play for £3 on Game Pass that I feel at this point in time it's not worth purchasing on Steam - will wait for Steam sale price to be <£20.

Campaign

Horde

New Escape mode

Should run very nicely on PC as they are touting all modes run at 4K60 on Xbox One X.

Last edited: 27 Aug 2019
  2. Martini1991

Caporegime

The problem I have is I don't think they deserve a PC purchase till they release the full thing on PC

The remaster of gears of war 1 only was a joke considering that Sony were smashing out trilogy remasters like uncharted at the same time.

3. ic1male

Caporegime

I'm hoping they're going to do that after they've done with Halo: Master Chief Collection. But if Gears 5 doesn't sell well enough, they might think it's not worth it.

4. Tombstone

Capodecina

I'll use the MS Gamepass to get Gears 5 for next to nothing.

5. Martini1991

Caporegime

Gears of war has too disjointed a history on PC really.
    I'd rather buy it on Xbox one so I've got it all together than buy it on PC.

6. doug_1986

Gangster

Really not sure about this one. Think it'll be a wait till it's in on for dead cheap

7. soulhunter123

Gangster

Totally agree. It should be done right for PC, or not at all.

8. bigmike20vt

Wise Guy

I loved gears 1 - 3.... Thought 4 was pretty good once you got past the robots (no escaping them from horde however) and will pick up 5 at some point - though not at launch, i have too much other stuff to play. I was miffed MS never bothered to put HDR support into the PC version. Making the XB1 X version the definitive one by holding back the PC version is a dick move imo.

AS for rewarding them for putting it on steam.... Personally I will buy it when it hits a price I am happy with and have no loyalty to lining the pockets of 1 multi billion $ company over another. IF they launched a version on GOG DRM free then i would applaud them, but all the rest are much of a muchness to me and I will buy where the price is right

Mind you i have not really enjoyed the standard vs games on gears (or any game really) since gears 2, so that removes a large part of the content for me hence my value is different to other peoples i guess.

I am a bit dissapointed beast mode has not made a comeback.

9. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Gears 5 Is Locked & Loaded with AMD Technology Features

[​IMG]

https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/gears_5_is_locked_loaded_with_amd_technology_features.html

10. HeX

Capodecina

Pre-load is up, sits at ~60GB.

11. wellibob

Mobster

I still haven't played GOW 4 yet. Got it cheap ages ago and never got to it.

12. willhub

Capodecina

Ideal spec Radeon VII, not a 5700XT?

13. bigmike20vt

Wise Guy

If you don't like it and think it does not feel like a gears game... Don't give up.
    Am not give spoilers but it becomes more gears like later In the game. For what it goes for now it is great.

14. HKZonda

Gangster

Played G1 long ago when steam is not yet popular
    It was a good third person shooter then never touch the Gears series anymore coz they never come to PC
    G4 & G5 got a new developer, The Coalition, instead of Epic Games
    hope G5 is good on steam

btw, its funny to see Epic dont get to develop the new G5 when they can totally go for exclusive, if M$ allows lol

15. imginy

Mobster

I just grabbed 2 months ultimate pass for £2 so should be getting this on the early release date, meanwhile I have just been playing crackdown 3 and dead rising 4 that come free on the pass.

You can get it for £1 a month and that includes loads of other games.

Can't see it going much cheaper.

16. djshauny1

Mobster

Where did you find it for £2 mate? Thanks :)

17. imginy

Mobster

You just install the windows xbox beta app
    https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-app

It's on the front page when you open the program, £3 for 3 months ultimate pass. (Mine only offered me £2 for 2 months because I was already on a 1 for £1 deal)

It is a subscription so you need to remember to cancel the auto renew straight away.

18. djshauny1

Mobster

Thank you mate :)

19. tracertong

Wise Guy

20. Psymonkee

Capodecina

Running terribly on my rig. i5 4790K/1080Ti combo and it's really laggy when moving around outside. Fine when scoped in with the Longshot :(