Gears 5 - out now

Soldato
Running terribly on my rig. i5 4790K/1080Ti combo and it's really laggy when moving around outside. Fine when scoped in with the Longshot :(

What res? No issues here at 1440p on my 2080ti, runs at 100+fps fully maxed out (UHD textures and insane/ultra maxed).

Soldato
Running well for me with gtx 1080 and i5 8400, 1440p, ultra settings+texture pack (no insane) , hdr on, in game it's around 75-80fps (benchmark was less)

Running terribly on my rig. i5 4790K/1080Ti combo and it's really laggy when moving around outside. Fine when scoped in with the Longshot :(

Have you tried running the in game benchmark to check on cpu/gpu use?

Caporegime
Was considering getting this, i bought gears 4 and honestly couldn't be arsed to play it, tried online mode once or twice and that was it, never even looked at the story mode. Just seems games as of late i don't have much interest in anymore. This would likely be another waste of money Getting old :(

Soldato
Where is the HDR option in this game

This is a windows store game so HDR needs turning on in the windows settings. It's the same for all the games off store.

I think you type HDR in search bar. Then windows hd colour settings. Turn it all on.

This makes your screen always hdr so you need to turn the slider on same page up to fix sd.

Once you do this the options appear in your gears graphics settings. It takes a fair bit of trial and error in the settings to get gears right as it has 3 sliders all seems to mess each other up.

I probably spend 30 mins with the gears sliders. It does look great when properly set.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was considering getting this, i bought gears 4 and honestly couldn't be arsed to play it, tried online mode once or twice and that was it, never even looked at the story mode. Just seems games as of late i don't have much interest in anymore. This would likely be another waste of money Getting old :(

£2 using xbox game pass ultimate for 2 months so wanted to try it. I've always liked gears for the dumb fun. If I enjoy it will pick it up properly when the sub runs out if not only 2 quid lost.

Soldato
What res? No issues here at 1440p on my 2080ti, runs at 100+fps fully maxed out (UHD textures and insane/ultra maxed).

Running well for me with gtx 1080 and i5 8400, 1440p, ultra settings+texture pack (no insane) , hdr on, in game it's around 75-80fps (benchmark was less)

Have you tried running the in game benchmark to check on cpu/gpu use?

Not been playing many games recently bar a bit of Minecraft and I was 2 months behind on driver updates - buttery smooth now! :)

Soldato
i have on a 1080ti card and cap all my games to 60fps,
would i be able to max all settings on gears ?
what do you guys have for fps ?

What resolution?

You can max out 1080p and 1440p.

At 4k there is couple to turn down slightly or you set it to minimum 60 fps the game will automatically lower settings to keep you at 60fps.

Soldato

I had a blast on it last night, I was really concerned during the training missions but I have to say that campaign mode is nothing like a Gears game before it.

Associate
Played a few hours last night, only the campaign albeit. I'm a huge Gears head so will put days and days of playtime into versus.

Still on driver 382, due to Gears 4 but was getting 70-120fps for the most part. Using my 1080 at 1440p144hz

Soldato
Digital foundry says best HDR ever.

I was playing with my son yesterday and the flashes of light on first level were very impressive.

I haven't got that far through campaign yet but friend sent me pics of the neons later in the game and they look well good.

Soldato
Lovely at 1440p Ultra this is, it must be amazing at 4k with HDR and a 2080ti. No issues with performance at all here which is fantastic, benched 76fps average and in game appears 10-20fps higher most of the time.

Anyone want to hit a co-op playthrough at Insane difficulty?

By the way, anyone getting issues with the collectibles not saving? I found them all in act 1, but when you look at progress it says 0% found and the picture of each collectible has disappeared. It seems to count when you first pick it up, go to the menu and it will show 1/26 but exit menu to play then go back to menu and it still shows as 0% none found.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Seems like a great game so far. I'm on the more open world bit in Act II at the moment. Can definitely see the God of War influence here.

I think I only ever played Gears 1,2 and 4 and haven't ever had much investment in the story though. Not got much idea about what was happening in act 1 with the reveal
About JD being the one who gave the order to fire on protestors in settlement 2

Soldato
Ignore, does look like further digging suggests PC Split Screen is Campaign only. Seems like it changed from when I read articles a while back. A shame that :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Lovely at 1440p Ultra this is, it must be amazing at 4k with HDR and a 2080ti. No issues with performance at all here which is fantastic, benched 76fps average and in game appears 10-20fps higher most of the time.

Anyone want to hit a co-op playthrough at Insane difficulty?

By the way, anyone getting issues with the collectibles not saving? I found them all in act 1, but when you look at progress it says 0% found and the picture of each collectible has disappeared. It seems to count when you first pick it up, go to the menu and it will show 1/26 but exit menu to play then go back to menu and it still shows as 0% none found.

Yeah I'll play CO OP insane with you dude.
Xbox name Loverson

Back
Top Bottom