Gears 5 - out now

Soldato
Whelp that was pretty short, even for a Gears game.

Enjoyable mindless fun though - not the sort of thing I'd ever pay retail price for though, god bless you gamepass.

Soldato
In the digital foundry video he keeps talking about an ‘insane’ graphics option. I only see ultra. Why is this?

There are 3 settings that if you cycle through go higher.

Off top of my head think it Volumetric fog, screenspace reflection and something else

Associate
I completed Gears 4 this weekend, and have started Gears 5 (just Versus and Escape so far, not any campaign). I will be starting the campaign this week. I'm hoping it is just as good (or better) than the 4th, because I had a blast with that. It's been a long time since I played Gears, so it was fun to go back to that universe.

Soldato
Anyone know what time the MS Store is unlocking it? I pre downloaded it last night, yet when I go to launch it still says I'm too early.

It's 0637 here in SF, so maybe a 2100 GMT release? Which is 1400 for me.

Soldato
Anyone know what time the MS Store is unlocking it? I pre downloaded it last night, yet when I go to launch it still says I'm too early.

It's 0637 here in SF, so maybe a 2100 GMT release? Which is 1400 for me.

Change your location to new Zealand to get games off store earlier. I think it's 11 hours (uk) earlier not 100%.

I got gears 5 at 10am instead of 9pm last week.

Im still set to new Zealand now. Haven't got round to changing it back.

Soldato
What a blast! Loving this, not played a Gears of War since 3, this is bringing back a lot of memories. Writing is a little corny in places but it's just trying to appeal to younger audiences.

Associate
Must say i have never played a gears game before and thought it to be an xbox thing but dang this game is very well optimized.

on my older 1080 and 6700k i didn't touch the options menu when playing the tutorial and was hitting 80-90 fps.. checked the menu after and it was all on Ultra... tweaked a couple of settings with no noticeable visual quality loss and am hitting 100fps and it feels smooth.

Back
Top Bottom