Gears 5 - out now

Soldato
So do you guys think it's one of the best looking games ever? I had a quick read of the Digital Foundry article, it seems they think this game was designed with the next Xbox in mind. Is it worthy of next-gen visuals (where presumably it will be running at native 4K and maybe even 120fps on Project Scarlett).

I am actually putting off playing it until my friend comes over and we going to do it start to finish.

From what I have seen it is a very nice looking game.

Permabanned
Loving the game so far. A couple of hours in,the game opens up and gets *so* much better and goes from a 6.10 to a 9.5!

Graphics - For such a good looking game its very well optimised as well as I'm playing it at 4k on a 2080ti and it feels super smooth and, all in all ,they've done a great job this time after 4 was so poor!

Associate
Mixed reviews on steam, do people really base a game on how to get skins now? The campaign was good, better then Gears 4 although as said I do prefer the very first gears. When I play MP the last thing I am worried about is what skin I have on a virtual gun. It sucks you have to pay for skins without a major grind but who really cares.

Caporegime
Mixed reviews on steam, do people really base a game on how to get skins now? The campaign was good, better then Gears 4 although as said I do prefer the very first gears. When I play MP the last thing I am worried about is what skin I have on a virtual gun. It sucks you have to pay for skins without a major grind but who really cares.
They are people who desperately need to get a life imo.

Caporegime
Whoever said the campaign on this was too short compared to other games must have been having a brain fart.

I only got to Chapter 4 last night, and there's been a few quite difficult sections. Usually frustrating ones where the enemies spam you with grenades and your team mates give you about 0.1 second warning before it blows up next to you.

Playing solo on Experienced.

Soldato
So do you guys think it's one of the best looking games ever? I had a quick read of the Digital Foundry article, it seems they think this game was designed with the next Xbox in mind. Is it worthy of next-gen visuals (where presumably it will be running at native 4K and maybe even 120fps on Project Scarlett).

I can't think of many games that can currently beat this for visuals!
I'm running it at 1440p on a 2070 super. Mostly high settings and getting around 120-144FPS.

I'm finding the actual gameplay itself very....meh and repetitive at the moment. I'll stick with it for a couple more hours.

Associate
Like Left4Dead how so ?

Only played one game but it's a similar structure, coop 3 player, limited ammo, escaping the horde to a chopper which leaves even if only 1 makes it.

Shorter levels than Left4Dead but definitely similar style.

Also the graphics are stunning, even plates of cakes and vending machines look anazing, lots of variety of level styles and colour compared to grey and brown in earlier Gears games.

Caporegime
OP
I tend to use Twitch as a barometer of how well a game's doing these days. Gears 5 is falling down the listings quite rapidly. I guess no-one is playing Horde or anything?

Associate
Having Freezing problems on my PC. Wel its frozen on the very first bit.
From what I've read its because am on the 10** cards. Anyone running this game with a 1080TI.

Back
Top Bottom