• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce 7800 AGP coming

Soldato
A quick play with google and I could find no verification of this. All I could find was a few articles quoting Nvidia say that this was not for mass production....

Still I wouldn't mind if it was true...

OcUK Staff
LoadsaMoney said:
Heres the thread here was the PCI-E version they said would not be coming out, no word on AGP there so could be i guess. :)

Ah that thread way back in November, now maybe your guessing I was in the know of something special all the way back then. ;)

As nearly 2 months later................................. :D

Soldato
ah those benchmarks looks cool :)

i think i have found my next upgrade!!!!

anyone for an unlocked 9800se aiw? :)

when will these bad boys be available to buy

Associate
The AGP version would be slower I imagine, as they'll definately clock the core lower, and it'll have a bridge chip on it as well which might slow things down a bit.

Look at the 6800GS on pci-e and agp. Totally different specs. I know that's because they used old cores for the agp version, but I think the pci-e specs and agp specs will be different again.

Soldato
well with my spec ( see sig ) is it worth me moving upto the 7800 GS ? ive been with my x800 pro vivo now for 18 months . been umming and ahhhering now for about 6 months regarding pci-e but i'm loath to get rid of a perfectly good processor.

would the money/ performance increase be worth the investment ??

Soldato
I'm in a similar situation as you, having an X800Pro (but at 12 pipes)

Unfortunately I'm on Socket 940 so I'm a bit stuck. You can get Socket 754 PCI-Express motherboards though so I'd be tempted to get one of those and an X1800XL/7800GT for about £250. It all depends on the expected price point of the 7800GS

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
Ah that thread way back in November, now maybe your guessing I was in the know of something special all the way back then. ;)

As nearly 2 months later................................. :D

:D

Doesn't look to bad at all from those benchmarks, just needs a decent price to go with it. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom