• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce 7800 AGP coming

Associate
its rumours with a twist :)

Gibbo said:
Hi there

We have X1600 Pro 512MB AGP due to arrive in approx a weeks time. However these will not outperform X800 XL, 6800 GS or X850 XT AGP cards. However to the un-educated many will buy the X1600 Pro 512MB because it sounds good on paper with its memory and the fact its from the new product line up. It will be priced at approx £119 +VAT and the X800 GTO AGP for the same price is a far better buy as it too outperforms the X1600 Pro 512MB.

If you wait a few weeks NVIDIA will have something your gonna like. ;)

from this thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17521167

I just hope Gibbo will elaborate soon ;)

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Vegeta said:
It's probably worth me upgrading to pci-e rather than stay with agp and buying a 7800gs?
I've got a barton 3200
well there's no socket a pcie boards so an upgrade for you will be expensive.

Man of Honour
The 7800 GS looks ok in that preview (depending on price of course), but I don't think I'd want to upgrade to it from my X800 XT PE (modded X800 Pro), as it's only generally 10-20% quicker. A benchmarks/review of a retail card with OCing details could swing it though, if it has potential.

Probably best suited to those with ATI 9600-9800 / Nvidia 6600/6800nu :)

Soldato
I hope loads of people decide 2 buy agp 7800GS so it drives the rest of the agp prices down, ill ebay myself an x800xt pe or maybes buy a 6800GS from ocuk if the prices go down a decent amount.
One last thing, do you think this 7800GS will be single slot, pitty me, im a shuttle user :(

Soldato
Although this is good news, those of you out there with decent s939 CPUs i think should really consider a new mobo. I have just upgraded form a abit nf7-s and an athlon xp chip, and purchased an opty 144 and an asrock 939 dual mobo for a cost of £140. the mobo was £40. For those of you who dont know, this mobo has an AGP and a pci-e slot, and will also support the new AMD M2 chips.

Now i have a 6800nu AGP and dont see the need to upgrade yet to a better gfx card. However when i do, i can go straight to PCI-E when i want with this board. Sorry if you think this is a little off topic but spending lots now on a new AGP doesnt really make sense, when a measely £40 can sort out a decent upgrade path to bigger and better pci-e graphics cards without having to get rid of your decent AGP cards at the moment. This board just leaves your options open, and i think is a very idea if you have a decent AGP card at the mo and 939 chip.

Soldato
or an intel pentium m.... :p

i have grand choice of one pci-e mobo to buy. it's fairly cheap at 60 notes but then i would need to buy a standard s478 chip just to flash the bios on it ready for my dothan and ct479 adapter. i'd also need a new psu as well.

i will wait to see how much these badboys cost. i bet it's at least 250 notes. i'd be happy with 6600gt for the games i play but i want to replace my crt with a tft in a month or 2 so i'll need something will a little more grunt to run at a tfts native res. :p

Soldato
some of us are using shuttles though, if we upgrade it means we're going to need a new mobo, PSU, case and heatsink/fan... it would be more financially feasible to move over to pci-e as soon as possible yes, but some of us just plain cant afford this, especially when we already need new memory etc, im looking to buy a 2nd hand x800xt pe, that should do me until my needs outgrow this shuttle, or i can afford to splash out a bit..

Back
Top Bottom