• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce 7800 AGP coming

ajm

ajm

Associate
I hope loads of people decide 2 buy agp 7800GS so it drives the rest of the agp prices down,
Well if they mass produce these new cards then the lower cards should be reduced as they only price hiked them when supply of agp cards were low and this wouldn't be the case.

Associate
This is great news if it materialises...........well done nVidia. I have been looking for a suitable AGP replacement for my mature 9800 Pro. I'm still stuck in the Middle Ages with my Northwood 2.67GHz.

The 7800 is such a great card on PCI-X and I know it may peform slower on AGP but its a good upgrade just so long as the price is not too high :D Will we see these around the same time as the new 7900 / G71 core? Has the 6800 GS been selling well I wonder?

Like a few here I'm still stuck in the Middles Ages and keep on going :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
problem is if you were a business would you milk the current AGP shortage crises affecting prices? i know i would.. they'll most likely overprice these cards in comparison to current going rate of x850s and 6800GS, i cant image it being anywhere near £200, 6800GS being a real stinker and costing just under that. i vote for about £280-£290

Soldato
£240? but the x850xt is still hovering around at £280-£290, I hope its not cheap because iv just bidded on an x800xt pe for £170 on ebay from america :) saying that id expect a 7800 probably to kick out too much heat for my shuttle, or be too big, or be noisyyy

Associate
Still seems a shame the 7800 they seem to be talking about for AGP is slower than a 7800GT and only marginaly faster than the 6800s we have available already.

Would have been nice to see a finaly high end AGP card to give 6800 users somewhere to go to AGP wise.

I suppose I'll hang on for M2 etc to settle down and upgrade the motherboard then - no point doing it now with a new standard weeks away...

OcUK Staff
Hi there

AGP is dead, all NVIDIA and ATI are doing is clearing out old stocks, its a good way of them doing so. :)

NVIDIA

6800 STD - These have now dried up, only a few left dotting about.
6800 GT - Again all dried up now, but OcUK have a few Leadtek models left.
6800 GS - Already drying up and great value, grab one whilst you can.
7800 GS - Due early February and will be approx £230 - £250 Inc. VAT.

ATI

X800 GTO - Should start to see more availability soon. :)
X800 XL - Drying up now, OcUK has some HIS and Sapphire left but will run out soon.
X850 XT - Again nearly all gone now, OcUK has some X850 XT's still. :)
X850 XT PE - All gone now, no more ever again. :(

So come February NVIDIA will have the best performing AGP part available with 7800 GS and those thinking that prices will drop, well think again, AGP cards are not been massed produced and availability grows poorer by the day so prices will hold steady or increase unless some amazing deals come along.

Associate
So come February NVIDIA will have the best performing AGP part available with 7800 GS and those thinking that prices will drop, well think again, AGP cards are not been massed produced and availability grows poorer by the day so prices will hold steady or increase unless some amazing deals come along.

I say use the money and buy a PCI-E motherboard and GFX card. Silly spending over £75 on an AGP GFX card now.

OcUK Staff
King_Boru said:
I say use the money and buy a PCI-E motherboard and GFX card. Silly spending over £75 on an AGP GFX card now.

I agree, but the problem is there is a lot of people who don't want to have to pull their system apart or re-install the operating system. You know the saying why change something that works fine........

Associate
Gibbo said:
I agree, but the problem is there is a lot of people who don't want to have to pull their system apart or re-install the operating system. You know the saying why change something that works fine........

That's me I have a 939 3500 newcastle and should really go pci-e but just can't be bothered at the moment to change it all.

Soldato
It was the same when AGP came along and we soon adapted to it. Nothing new with the AGP/PCE-E changeover.

It's time we all realised AGP is dead and move on with technology so I'll be looking at getting a new motherboard and graphics card sometime in the near future.

Soldato
well sapphire will still be supporting AGP . not high end but its not to bad for some users .... quote :-

Press Releases
SAPPHIRE SUPPORTS AGP USERS WITH X1600Pro
Jan 19th, 2006-Supporting the upgrade and retrofit markets using the industry standard AGP bus, leading graphics supplier Sapphire Technology is now shipping AGP versions of its latest series of graphics accelerators. Based on an exciting new architecture this family is now delivering the most sophisticated yet affordable graphics processing solutions to this market. ...read full press release

full story :-

SAPPHIRE SUPPORTS AGP USERS WITH X1600Pro
Upgrade market now enjoys latest graphics architecture

Supporting the upgrade and retrofit markets using the industry standard AGP bus, leading graphics supplier Sapphire Technology is now shipping AGP versions of its latest series of graphics accelerators. Based on an exciting new architecture this family is now delivering the most sophisticated yet affordable graphics processing solutions to this market.

Based on a completely new architecture, the new X1600 series has been designed to deliver high efficiency, high performance in Shader Model 3.0 and enhanced image quality. The architecture also supports AvivoTM delivering vibrant high fidelity images and video playback to the latest High Definition (HD) video standards. The new AGP version delivers exciting new levels of display quality and performance to this industry standard graphics interface.

The Sapphire RADEON X1600Pro AGP with its 12 Pixel pipelines provides the highest graphics performance in its class even for shader intensive gaming. Equipped with 256MB of DDR2 memory, this model features clock speeds of 500MHz (core) and 400MHz (memory).

Retail versions of these new Sapphire graphics accelerators will ship with multimedia software including PowerDVD and Sapphire Select, the exciting new way to deliver a choice of games to the end user. Each card is bundled with a DVD containing a selection of top games from several leading software houses. The end customer can play each of the games for a one hour trial before choosing which titles he or she wants to keep and using the activation codes for those titles.

Sapphire’s RADEON X1000 series now delivers the best graphics and video performance in the industry. For more details please visit www.sapphiretech.com

(Editors: please contact your regional Press contact for local pricing)

Specification Summary
Chipset RADEON X1600 Pro AGP
Engine clock 500 MHz
Shader units 12
Memory clock 800 MHz DDR2
Memory interface 128-bit
Memory Support 256
Bus Interface AGP
Variable display outputs VGA / DVI / TV out
Max 3D resolution 2560x1600 (dual-link DVI)1024 x 768 (TV out)
Hardware Features DirectX® 9ShaderModel 3.0
Software Feature AvivoTM

OcUK Staff
HI there

Yes the X1600 Pro is card that looks great on paper but in real world performance it gets its ass kicked by the AGP varients of the GTO cards, so avoid though OcUK will be stocking X1600 Pro's we recommend the GTO's as they are similar money.

Soldato
well i cant afford to move over to pci-e at the moment, due to me owning a shuttle, iv just ordered my x800xt pe from america tho off that well known auction site, £175 odd, well worth it i recon, was hard work finally winning one, they wer in extreme short supply even when the AGP market was still booming.

Associate
Gibbo said:
I agree, but the problem is there is a lot of people who don't want to have to pull their system apart or re-install the operating system.

But that just comes down to lazyness. If you enjoy building and upgrading systems then this shouldnt cause a problem.

Back
Top Bottom