• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce 7800GS + 350W PSU = random crashes?

Permabanned
as the title says, is this possible?
My friend just bought a 7800GS AGP and when playing games, they randomly crash to desktop. No idea what the cause might be, but he mentioned his PSU is 350W. Could a slightly under the minimum requirement PSU cause games to crash to desktop? He is prepared to buy a 450W PSU if it will solve his problem, but if its something else, then I dont want him to waste his money for nothing.

Permabanned
In the nvidia drivers console look for the DEBUG tab, please write here what it says, Id guess a l2 fault about lack of power.

Permabanned
I know its probably the psu, but right click anywhere on empty space on desktop and you will see Nvidia Display > name of your monitor (if you got driver installed) main console will appear, if there is no sub console at left of it, click mouse near left edge and it will appear, the DEBUG is about 2/3 of way down list.

You can do same with right click desktop and choosing propertied but its longer to get to thats console.

Back
Top Bottom