GeForce 9600GT GPU Cooler Upgrade

GSS

GSS

Associate
I want to replace my Asus GeForce 9600GT's (SLI), stock coolers for dedicated GPU Coolers.

I have decided on the Coolink GFXChilla's, reviews are good, it's low profile, will only take up 2 expansion slots (each card) on my Asus P5N-D Mobo which is ideal for me as I can still use the bottom PCI slot into which my TV card sits. Another deciding factor is that...I believe?...I can run the fans via a controller for better overall management.

My question are...1. Will replacing the stock cooler affect the onboard GPU temp sensors?...2. Will I still be able use the card manufacturers on-board temp sensors & monitoring utility to measure the GPU temps?

As well as GPU-Z and SpeedFan I use the Asus dedicated utilities (Asus SmartDoctor) to monitor the cards temps and I would like to continue using this after the upgrade as I am familiar with it.

I don't know how temp sensors work on a GPU or how they are built into a graphics card? So any info to enlighten me on this will be great!

GSS

GSS

Associate
OP
Great! Thank you for your reply :)

Does anybody use the above combination (Asus GeForce 9600GT + Coolink GFXChilla)?

I also use the S/PDIF header (2 pin) on my graphics card for digital sound out from my Mobo through the 2nd DVI-I output connector on my master (SLI) graphics card, via an HDMI adapter to my LCD TV/AV Centre.

Does anybody know if the GFXChilla impedes, restricts or covers access to this header given that, when the S/PDIF cable plugs are attached the clearance needed between the underside of the card, where the header sits, and the heatsink/fan is 17mm?

Back
Top Bottom