• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
I think RTX is what has affected the quality of BFV. It's like a ball and chain around it's ankle. If they hadn't bothered with this crap they probably would have had enough time and engineering resources to build a better game.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
At the same time tho we want companies to innovate.

How boring would it have been if Nvidia had just released the 2000 series without RT.

Moar fps.... is it really that exciting?

It would have been for 4K resolution yes. The more cards that can do 4k the better.

I'd have preferred it if this generation meant more die space for cuda cores and rasterization performance improvements all the way down the line. Allowing the *50 class to become a 1440p/60 card, *60 to be a 4k/60, *70 a 4k/100 and *80 a 4k/144hz card, while keeping the costs in line with previous generations

Caporegime
Nah, whilst AMD can't even meet the performance of Nvidia's last generation Nvidia will make hay regardless of how much it costs to make their GPU.

Well apparently they're not making hay as they've already blamed low turing sales as part of the reasons for their financial results.

Caporegime
It’s a good question in the context, but I reckon 4k at 120+ FPS on a 144hz monitor is more appealing than ray tracing.

Also considering they marketed this card as the first proper 4k card and there's already a couple of games that tank it below 60fps. Might not have been the case if they had forgone the rt and tensor cores and just went for all out performance.

Back
Top Bottom