Geil Ultra Series 4GB (2x2GB) PC3-17000 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit Packaging

Soldato
To be honest all this crap about these might not work in dual chan is not true.
I have bought 24gigs of this stuff and used them in Tri chan on my i7 rig and can confirm they work very well indeed getting good overclocks aswell.

They are on par if not better than some of the £250+ ram thats on sale.

Associate
Hi, can anyone with this kit post an SPD screenshot from CPU-Z please?

Would appreciate it, thanks.

:)
52984430.jpg

Soldato
Nice thanks for the info, have you tried dropping the timings to 2000 @ 8-8-8-28 ? or going for 2200 @ 9-9-9-28 ?

When I eventually decide what ram Im going to buy I'm going to run tests in games just to see if it makes a difference using various timings in games with the P55 chipset.

CSA

CSA

Associate
Hi guys whats the recommended volts for this ram ? i know its rated at 1.65 so is that what we should be using to OC or is there head room for a little more ?

Associate
Is anyone else having problems with these? Was having problems with my build (read here) but seem to have narrowed it down to the RAM. With one stick in its running fine, but if I put the other one in on its own, or try and run both, my PC is just locking up and freezing, somtimes refusing to boot which makes it impossible to try and run memtest or anything on it :(

May have to send it back unfortunately

EDIT: Flashed the BIOS to the latest ones and it now seems to run fine, just running memtest to make sure but all looks good, sorry

Last edited:
Associate
Like I said, problem seems to have gone away with the updated BIOS. Dont know whether the new BIOS is whats fixed, no mention of RAM in the changes it but thats all Ive done and it seems to be working fine. Left memtest running for around 45 mins and didnt find any problems :)

Associate
I have to say i was rather suprised when i saw this packaging when my sticks arrived today.

There was no mention of OEM anywhere when i ordered. glad to see there are no horror stories of this RAM being rubbish.

I've seen these modules go to 1600 Cas 6 in tri channel on one review site so im hopeful ive purchased a quality product.

Are these definately matched pairs though?

Associate
Mines currently at 1600 Cas 7 but not tried lowering any timings at all, just focused on the cpu for today. Does seem to be very capable though, had it running around 2000 earlier and did it just fine at 1.6V. Not sure what the timings dropped too though, all just on auto at the moment

Soldato
Mines currently at 1600 Cas 7 but not tried lowering any timings at all, just focused on the cpu for today. Does seem to be very capable though, had it running around 2000 earlier and did it just fine at 1.6V. Not sure what the timings dropped too though, all just on auto at the moment
Nice have you tried 2200MHz @ 9-9-9-28?

Associate
Not had much time recently to test out memory speeds and timing sorry. Its still running at 1600Mhz 7-7-7-24. Will hopefully get some time this weekend. Im happy with my CPU at 4.2GHz, just memory to mess with now :p

Back
Top Bottom