Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Probably right. Just seen a story on the BBC about how the Lib Dems won't be part of any government that has an arrangement with the SNP. They also won't partner with the second place party. Makes a Labour/Lib Dem coalition unlikely.

A LAB/LIB coalition with SNP support was the most likely combination to provide a stable majority. Now we're looking at a Labour minority government with SNP (and possibly Green/Plaid) support, or a rainbow coalition of the Tories, Lib Dems, the DUP and maybe UKIP (if they get enough seats to make a difference). Either way, the majority will be so small that it provides too much opportunity for back-benchers and extremists to influence proceedings. Not ideal.

You are of course talking as someone who is not a politician. The Japanese, if I remember correctly, call their politicians the three faced men. Depending on what face you are looking at you will see/hear something different.
LibDems want seats in England where the current narrative is anti SNP so Clegg joins in.
Now if the picture after the election means that they have a chance of power again with Labour do you really think a minority party is going to pass up the chance.
Forget honouring promises(e.g. university fees) or what was said before the election, power is the game. There will always be excuses but they count on people forgetting.

V F

V F

Soldato
I saw that live, that 'audience' was an absolute disgrace, is that the level of maturity and intelligence the BBC has sunk to?

I do hope that Farage gets into a position to drastically cut the licence fee, the BBC has become arrogant, spoiled and cocky, it needs to be put in it's place

Andrew Neil is trying to get into comedy the way This Week has been going for sometime now. He's trying far too hard. You heard what Portillo said about the immigrants and the reaction from the audience?

There was such a lot of tension and bitterness on that show that night like something happened before broadcast started.

Look at the hostility they had for Hardeep Singh Kohli.

Not too surprised by the poll results here, blue by design and blue by nature.

Scotland is blue and white… Or yellow and red…

As well as red, white and blue if you're a Rangers fan.

Last edited:
Soldato
I expect the UKIP vote not to match their polling come election day.

Even 13-14% will only give them a maximum of a handful of seats. The GE will concentrate the minds of protest voters and most will vote Conservative on the day however much they enjoy polling for UKIP meantime.

Caporegime
It has to be a Tory vote. They need more time to repair Labour's damage. I can't see the Lib Dems getting anywhere; they are surely doomed.

A Tory/Labour coalition would be fascinating to watch and perhaps even good for the nation, but there's no way it will happen. (Having said that, I'm quite happy to be proved wrong).

UKIP is too populist; they haven't got the guts to do what needs to be done. They're basically the right wing equivalent of the Greens.

Well done, you got sucked into the Tory propaganda machine to ensure the Con/Lab comfy establishment never changes.

Except... it did change. Hence the Lib Dem/Tory coalition.

Caporegime
why is the EU trying to force equality on every country when actual countries don't have any equality themselves.....

Merkel the better your economy is the more refugees you can take in can **** off.
EU is good for what? bringing the successful countries down to some median where we are all as worse off as each other at countries with a strong GDPs expense... not like we have much say in the EU either well pretty much 0 influence.

Getting sick of hearing European leaders being outspoken about other EU members like they own them.

someone should tell here no one trusts Germany because they are a bunch of facists nazis and ww2 didn't change much clearly when she thinks she has the right to determine and influence the policies of another sovereign nation.

Last edited:
Caporegime
why is the EU trying to force equality on every country when actual countries don't have any equality themselves.....

Merkel should **** off

Getting sick of hearing European leaders being outspoken about other EU members like they own them.

someone should tell here no one trusts germany because they are a bunch of facists nazis and ww2 didn't change much clearly when she thinks she has the right to determine and influence the policies of another sovereign nation

It's too late, Germany now owns Europe at the fourth attempt. I fear this general election is our one and only chance to extricate ourselves from this reich.

Soldato
The UK is partly to blame for Germany taking the lead in the EU though, we've completely stepped back whilst still throwing money at it. Incredibly short signed thing to do but since fixed term parliaments came in we've had an increasing amount of short sighted actions by all politicians.

Caporegime
It's too late, Germany now owns Europe at the fourth attempt. I fear this general election is our one and only chance to extricate ourselves from this reich.

She acts like the EU is some kind of utopian society and we can pull all these immigrants up to our level....
Whilst we have millions of people attending food banks as it is probably a large percent of those are foreigners anyway so I'm sure we did our part to end up like this.

I wonder what food bank usage in the UK is compared to the rest of europe

Maybe she genuinely believes immigration and refugees have 0 impact on a country like most of our leaders because their kids don't go to council run schools and don't live in the poor areas with these people sharing public transport, gp and dental surgeries etc which are over subscribed in large parts of the country leading to huge waiting lists and suffering

most people would be shocked if there kids had to go to a crappy school where threes over 30 kids per teacher and like the majority no longer speak english as a first language which becomes a massive burden on a teachers resources.often the parents rely on their kids to translate which eats up more of a teachers time.
I'd love to know how many teachers are against immigration since it must make their jobs a hell of a lot harder and more stressful but I bet they dare not speak out in case they get fired.

lets face it anyone who comes to this country from the middle east/africa is bound to be in urgent need of dental care how much money is this costing the NHS? must be thousands per person and even 10 years ago people were complaining they can't get a dentist but the amount of people the government are letting in is up above even labour levels and they admitted they basically had an open border policy

Last edited:
Caporegime
The UK cant survive alone, we intrinsically need the EU, just as they need us, which is why the relationship is the way it is.

Cutting off this island would make Russian and Chinese interests very happy, i wont allow it.

Caporegime
Care to list their policies which you view as outrageous?

• Leave the EU costing us up to 56Bn a year in lost trade and weaker trade negotiations.
  • Block immigration for 5 years
  • Introduce a futile controlled immigration policy based on Australia when our labour requirements are completely different
  • Reduce benefits for those that need it the most
  • End Sex Education in Primary schools
  • Abolish the smoking ban
  • Scrapping HS2
  • Scrapping the Climate Change Act
  • Subsidizing the coal industry while simultaneously cutting subsidies for renewable
  • Tax cuts for the rich
  • Increase defense spending
  • Decrease foreign aid
  • Deplete our fish stocks so they collapse like Atlantic Cod
  • Massively increase the cost of of the prison system with no tenable benefit

And that is just scratching the surface, the whole lot is a joke.

Caporegime

That is just vile offense rubbish:rolleyes:
you should be ashamed of yourself!

Caporegime
The UK cant survive alone, we intrinsically need the EU, just as they need us, which is why the relationship is the way it is.

Cutting off this island would make Russian and Chinese interests very happy, i wont allow it.

no one said cut off the island but it feels like we have 0 influence in the EU for such a long time now, something has to change

If the EU is so great why did iceland drop their membership bid this year?

They must still trade with the EU anyway but of course with the UK no one likes us and they would build a wall around our country and refuse to take our money or products even if it was in their best interests

Last edited:
Caporegime
She acts like the EU is some kind of utopian society and we can pull all these immigrants up to our level....
Whilst we have millions of people attending food banks as it is probably a large percent of those are foreigners anyway so I'm sure we did our part to end up like this.

I wonder what food bank usage in the UK is compared to the rest of europe

Maybe she genuinely believes immigration and refugees have 0 impact on a country like most of our leaders because their kids don't go to council run schools and don't live in the poor areas with these people sharing public transport, gp and dental surgeries etc which are over subscribed in large parts of the country leading to huge waiting lists and suffering

most people would be shocked if there kids had to go to a crappy school where threes over 30 kids per teacher and like the majority no longer speak english as a first language which becomes a massive burden on a teachers resources.often the parents rely on their kids to translate which eats up more of a teachers time.
I'd love to know how many teachers are against immigration since it must make their jobs a hell of a lot harder and more stressful but I bet they dare not speak out in case they get fired.

lets face it anyone who comes to this country from the middle east/africa is bound to be in urgent need of dental care how much money is this costing the NHS? must be thousands per person and even 10 years ago people were complaining they can't get a dentist but the amount of people the government are letting in is up above even labour levels and they admitted they basically had an open border policy

Angela does and will continue to make the EU do whatever is best for Germany. For all the media insisting that it's Libyans, Syrians and Eritreans making up these migrants, everyone I've seen has been sub-saharan African. They don't want to go to Germany, they want to go to the UK - as soon as they're given asylum somewhere in Europe they'll abscond and make their way to the Calais and then to the UK.

Soldato
Angela does and will continue to make the EU do whatever is best for Germany. For all the media insisting that it's Libyans, Syrians and Eritreans making up these migrants, everyone I've seen has been sub-saharan African. They don't want to go to Germany, they want to go to the UK - as soon as they're given asylum somewhere in Europe they'll abscond and make their way to the Calais and then to the UK.

What do you suggest we do with these folks then scorza, since it appears they will continue making the crossings?

Caporegime
What do you suggest we do with these folks then scorza, since it appears they will continue making the crossings?

Well I'd like to try what they do in Australia - tow the boats back to wherever they came from. You gotta be tough in this world if you don't want to be the world's doormat. One thing though I do think we should fast-track asylum applications from middle-eastern Christians who literally have nowhere to go.

Caporegime
no one said cut off the island but it feels like we have 0 influence in the EU for such a long time now, something has to change

Get rid of the useless UKIP MEPs and we can get much more influence again.
It is hard to raise your voice when the people that are supposed to defend Britain's interests have one of the worst attendance records in the EU and when thy do turn up they actively vote against Britain's interests.

the UKIP MEPS should be imprisoned for treason and replaced with MEPs that actually care about Britain and want to give Britain the power to change things within the EU.

Soldato
  • Leave the EU costing us up to 56Bn a year in lost trade and weaker trade negotiations.
  • Block immigration for 5 years
  • Introduce a futile controlled immigration policy based on Australia when our labour requirements are completely different
  • Reduce benefits for those that need it the most
  • End Sex Education in Primary schools
  • Abolish the smoking ban
  • Scrapping HS2
  • Scrapping the Climate Change Act
  • Subsidizing the coal industry while simultaneously cutting subsidies for renewable
  • Tax cuts for the rich
  • Increase defense spending
  • Decrease foreign aid
  • Deplete our fish stocks so they collapse like Atlantic Cod
  • Massively increase the cost of of the prison system with no tenable benefit

And that is just scratching the surface, the whole lot is a joke.

So, these are policies you disagree with. (and with your own spin on them) Care to explain why you think they are outrageous?

Soldato
Well I'd like to try what they do in Australia - tow the boats back to wherever they came from. You gotta be tough in this world if you don't want to be the world's doormat. One thing though I do think we should fast-track asylum applications from middle-eastern Christians who literally have nowhere to go.

Suggestion was some of those fleeing from Africa are Christian, forced to join an army, or else be butchered by the hoard against them. Several people on one boat were arrested for throwing Christians overboard to their deaths.

Although it may not be an IS state, there is a war raging through most of Africa (no doubt based on old tribal lines) but now the lines are drawn with the expansion and subjugation by Islam across Africa.
The whole place is a mess, towing the boats back isn't going to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom