German Car Drivers...

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;16660185 said:
Everyone here drives like a tool regardless of the country of origin of their car.

hear hear!

I like to play roadwork roulette when stuck in traffic if there's been a lane closure. Leave a noticeable gap and see what kind of car fills it instead of heading to the front of the queue down the closed lane and pushing their fat bum in the queue. Can you guess what car doesn't fill it? :p

I drove down to Cornwall last week (it's ok, i've had my jabs).

A lot of the roads are 2 lane - 1 lane - 2 lane, etc.

When the road goes from 2 lanes to 1 lane there is the usual bunching up at the front as the people on the inside lane act like tools. BUT guess the country of origin of the cars that overtook the cars in the outside lane (that were already at the head of the merge) in an attempt to gain a 10 foot advantage ....

;)

Associate
hear hear!

When the road goes from 2 lanes to 1 lane there is the usual bunching up at the front as the people on the inside lane act like tools. BUT guess the country of origin of the cars that overtook the cars in the outside lane (that were already at the head of the merge) in an attempt to gain a 10 foot advantage ....

;)

no were actually in the right hand lane as you are supposed to use BOTH lanes really grinds my gears when you arrive at the back of a queue(sp?) only to find that the right hand lane is empty because people don't have the common sense to use it like you meant to.

Then people in the left lane act like complete tools and block you from merging because "your bullying to the front in an attempt to gain a 10 foot advantage ...."

Permabanned
Have to agree with this, went out for drive tonight, only 10 min job and encounter 3 German cars driving like bellends, 1 VW and 2 Audis, one pulled out on me then booted it and was up someones back side, next was VW golf doing well over 30 mph in a 30 mph zone while I was going to the shops then a Audi pulled out on a roundabout sharply, was behind him and he had gone, I was doing 40 in a 40 and he had gone, strange thing was the Audis were saloon A4 types

Thus I am and always stay well clear of Germans

Last edited:

Lum

Lum

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16661485 said:
A car driven by somebody who has actually read the highway code?

You may as well have replied with something like "A BMW M1" they're about as common on UK roads as your answer.

Last edited:
Soldato
hear hear!

;)

no were actually in the right hand lane as you are supposed to use BOTH lanes really grinds my gears when you arrive at the back of a queue(sp?) only to find that the right hand lane is empty because people don't have the common sense to use it like you meant to.

Then people in the left lane act like complete tools and block you from merging because "your bullying to the front in an attempt to gain a 10 foot advantage ...."

Re-read it, see the part about the "car of unknown manufacture" overtaking the car in the OUTSIDE lane .....

edit, in fact i'm gonna go mspaint on you!

arseholeinabmw.jpg

surprise surprise, i'm talking about the red car!

Last edited:
Associate
You mean someone that hasn't, given he is leaving a gap BEFORE the merge-in-turn location?

;)

[TW]Fox;16661746 said:
He asked which car does NOT fill it. You fail.

Slightly confuzzled.... I was commentating on the fact that German cars like to commonly influence the driver to do things he or she normally wouldnt, and instead of filling a space left by a fellow motorist to aid in their merger from a closed lane into a slowly moving very full lane, they instead try to skip the queue and force themselves in where the lane ends. As opposed to a different make of car which would quite happily fill the gap, and thus be declared the winner :)

Since I haven't read the highway code cover to cover (kill me now), if a lane is closed due to roadworks and incidents, do you head to the merger point and wait to be let in, probably causing the lane to stop, or merge in a slow moving gap another considerate motorist has left?

Last edited:
Soldato
Range Rovers and X5/6's are the worst, so no, I wouldn't say it's strictly German. Especially when they're driven by wannabe tarted up WAGs with absolutely no spacial awareness.

Golfs are just driven by middle aged wannabe racers.

The only time I see issue with BMW/Merc/Audi is when they enter the motorway but rather than wait and safely overtake into the fast lane, they boot it and weave inches through traffic.....because the fast lane is clearly where they belong, god forbid they wait for a safe opportunity to get there.

edit: I was also driving home last night and saw a Nissan pickup truck(not sure of the model) tail gating with full beams on permanently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom