German Grand Prix 2016, Hockenheim - Race 12/21

Soldato
Lets all remember how Lewis doesn't have the "mental strength" and "cant win this year" though from a few on here.

Hamilton may wear his heart on his sleeve, and the press takes advantage of that, but it's his coping mechanism. He works through his disappointments and failures, moves on and works to improve.

Rosberg just seems to keep everything bottled in when things go wrong, whining and complaining, looking backwards to his past issues, imagining he's being persecuted. He has real problems moving on, never looking in the mirror and looking to improve himself and what he can influence. Those videos where he keeps proclaiming his innocence in the face of stewards decisions, repeating the same mistakes and getting penalised for them, etc.

Sure, when everything's going well, Rosberg is fine (end of last year after the championship, and the beginning of this one with Hamilton's engine failures), but as soon as he starts losing, (and he always does, because fundamentally, Hamilton is a faster and more skilled driver), then Rosberg crumbles psychologically. That's why he cheats and crashes into other drivers. He thinks he's being clever, he thinks he's being tough on the track, but he doesn't understand that it's not working, that it's causing more problems. It's like he's got aspergers and he can't understand the position he's putting himself in with regards to those around him and his position in the championship.

I think it's going to be very tough for Rosberg if he loses the championship again, but he's still got to be at Mercedes for another two years up against Hamilton who has the measure of him in every way. I would expect him to either be totally broken and accept his number two status, or become ever more reckless until Mercedes get rid of him or impose team orders, making Hamilton a number one driver.

If the rule changes next year make the Mercedes less dominant, we'll see Rosberg up against the Ferrari and Red Bulls, where Hamilton will show his form, and Rosberg will be even more disadvantaged and psychologically damaged.

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
Not at all, and contrary to what a lot of people on here think I don't hate Lewis, sometimes he's likeable but I don't like his sulkyness. My issue isn't with Hamilton - it's with the Stewards predominantly, and the current general level of stewarding F1 with regulations chopping and changing from one session to the next...

They may as well just write down 50 different outcomes for each scenario, borrow the National Lottery machine from Camelot and draw the balls out at random before every weekend. Because that's pretty much how it feels at the moment.

Another guy's post on another Racing forum sums it up perfectly;

"It's amazing that when it comes to driving round the corners and staying on track they ignore the track limits, and yet as soon as a ballsy overtake happens the track limits are all important. "

I totally and utterly agree with Brundle as well regarding track limits - why have them on certain corners, but not others - where you still gain an advantage? Why remove track limits on some race circuits but not an others? Why do the FIA state that a driver is allowed one move ONLY, and drivers get penalised for infringing it, but then other drivers don't?

It's becoming a joke of a Sport now, and the not knowing what the rules are from one weekend to the next is absurd.

Could you imagine in football if they said, right next weekends game we will make the penalty area a yard bigger? For a Sport of such magnitude it's making itself an utter embarrassment, with all of the money and geniuses employed within it you'd expect a lot better.

This whole year has been the worst since I've been watching F1 by miles -

> Utter failure in implementing a Qualifying format which everyone hated
> Radio comms get banned because drivers are becoming puppets
> Radio comms get unbanned because we forgot, drivers aren't NASA trained engineers
> Radio comms get unbanned but drivers also become puppets again
> Drivers aren't allowed to make two moves defending
> Wait! It's Max Verstappen - he's allowed
> Drivers aren't allowed to go over the white lines, penalties occur for several drivers without any warnings
> Oh heck, let's give them some warnings

Utter joke, the Sport really needs sorting out.

Soldato
If Lewis manages to still win this championship after Merc seem to have done everything in their power to help Nico at the start of the season.

They have got to look at their line up for next season. Even if it's No 1 and No 2 status, they can't let them carry on like this. It gets embarrassing watching Nico melt down, it's not a good look for the team imo.

Caporegime
Not at all, and contrary to what a lot of people on here think I don't hate Lewis, sometimes he's likeable but I don't like his sulkyness. My issue isn't with Hamilton - it's with the Stewards predominantly, and the current general level of stewarding F1 with regulations chopping and changing from one session to the next...

They may as well just write down 50 different outcomes for each scenario, borrow the National Lottery machine from Camelot and draw the balls out at random before every weekend. Because that's pretty much how it feels at the moment.

Another guy's post on another Racing forum sums it up perfectly;

"It's amazing that when it comes to driving round the corners and staying on track they ignore the track limits, and yet as soon as a ballsy overtake happens the track limits are all important. "

I totally and utterly agree with Brundle as well regarding track limits - why have them on certain corners, but not others - where you still gain an advantage? Why remove track limits on some race circuits but not an others? Why do the FIA state that a driver is allowed one move ONLY, and drivers get penalised for infringing it, but then other drivers don't?

It's becoming a joke of a Sport now, and the not knowing what the rules are from one weekend to the next is absurd.

Could you imagine in football if they said, right next weekends game we will make the penalty area a yard bigger? For a Sport of such magnitude it's making itself an utter embarrassment, with all of the money and geniuses employed within it you'd expect a lot better.

This whole year has been the worst since I've been watching F1 by miles -

> Utter failure in implementing a Qualifying format which everyone hated
> Radio comms get banned because drivers are becoming puppets
> Radio comms get unbanned because we forgot, drivers aren't NASA trained engineers
> Radio comms get unbanned but drivers also become puppets again
> Drivers aren't allowed to make two moves defending
> Wait! It's Max Verstappen - he's allowed
> Drivers aren't allowed to go over the white lines, penalties occur for several drivers without any warnings
> Oh heck, let's give them some warnings

Utter joke, the Sport really needs sorting out.

But if everyone still pays to watch why change?
Fans are so hardcore even if it's cack they still watch

Caporegime
If Lewis manages to still win this championship after Merc seem to have done everything in their power to help Nico at the start of the season.

They have got to look at their line up for next season. Even if it's No 1 and No 2 status, they can't let them carry on like this. It gets embarrassing watching Nico melt down, it's not a good look for the team imo.

There is a valid point here. They insist their drivers are equal, but all that does it cause conflict and embarrassment, and Hamilton still wins.

So if they had a Number 1/2 structure they would get the win but avoid the crashing, conflict and embarrassment.

Caporegime
There is a valid point here. They insist their drivers are equal, but all that does it cause conflict and embarrassment, and Hamilton still wins.

So if they had a Number 1/2 structure they would get the win but avoid the crashing, conflict and embarrassment.

Nico is desperate to be world championship. He knows this is his only possible chance, as being in the winning/fastest car does not come around too often and Mercedes won't always be the fastest. He is not noticably better than any of the other drivers (above average maybe but he certainly hasnt done anything to show he is one of the top drivers) so he HAS to be in the fastest car to stand a chance of winning the title.

Trouble is, he finds himself teamed up with Hamilton who is just simply better : /

Associate
Someone just mentioned on FB that Hamilton's the greatest of all time...

:D:D:D

So of course I've had to put him right. Such lols.

Maybe not yet, but I think he's got another 4 DCs in him, although it will take another team move of the same quality as his move to the ascendant Mercedes and there are a lot of external/random factors involved in that.

But yeah, I think there is the potential for him to beat MSCs record and I also think he would (will :p ) approve.

smr

smr

Soldato
Nico is desperate to be world championship. He knows this is his only possible chance, as being in the winning/fastest car does not come around too often and Mercedes won't always be the fastest. He is not noticably better than any of the other drivers (above average maybe but he certainly hasnt done anything to show he is one of the top drivers) so he HAS to be in the fastest car to stand a chance of winning the title.

Trouble is, he finds himself teamed up with Hamilton who is just simply better : /

Who hasn't been in the fastest car and won a world championship? Genuine question, I'd be interested to know.

Man of Honour

Plus if the others catch them then they will have to pick one driver. It just seems that if Rosberg can't be number one, then they don't want to pick either of them.

Soldato
Who hasn't been in the fastest car and won a world championship? Genuine question, I'd be interested to know.

Alonso in '05. The McLaren was way faster but somewhat unreliable.
Hamilton in '08. The fact that Massa nearly won the title says it all about the speed of the Ferrari (and the somewhat understeery nature of that car didn't suit Kimi).

Back
Top Bottom