German Grand Prix 2016, Hockenheim - Race 12/21

smr

smr

Soldato
Maybe not yet, but I think he's got another 4 DCs in him, although it will take another team move of the same quality as his move to the ascendant Mercedes and there are a lot of external/random factors involved in that.

But yeah, I think there is the potential for him to beat MSCs record and I also think he would (will :p ) approve.

There are a lot of external / random factors involved... which is why a lengthy study was conducted to assess this very thing;

http://www.gizmag.com/computer-modelled-top-50-f1-drivers-of-all-time/43147/

Associate
Associate
Who hasn't been in the fastest car and won a world championship? Genuine question, I'd be interested to know.

Schumacher in 1994! The boy was running around in a Ford V8 compared to Renault V10 in the Williams!
JB in the second half of his World Championship season...

Sure theres more but can't think off top off my head

edit: Prost in '86! Was where Mansells tyre blew and with it his World Championship! Prost in the Mclaren won with only 4 victories! Must admit I had to wiki that.
Always thought Piquet was the one who benefited from Mansell's misfortune

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mercedes Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg says he was surprised to be penalised for what he initially thought was an "awesome" German Grand Prix overtaking move on Max Verstappen.

Rosberg was recovering from a slow start in his home F1 race, and trying to pass the Red Bull driver for what was then fifth place in the middle phase of the grand prix.

He fired up the inside at Turn 6, and both drivers ran towards the outside of the corner, forcing Verstappen wide.

Rosberg was then handed a five-second time penalty for his next pitstop by stewards.

"It took me by surprise, definitely," he said. "I didn't expect a penalty for that.

"It was racing. I was really ecstatic at the time because I thought 'wow, that was awesome, I came from miles behind'.

"And I was very happy to get the position because that meant I would have got second place at least - it was damage limitation.

"I was very surprised to get a penalty for it."

Rosberg denied that the move was "comparable" to his last-lap run-in with team-mate Lewis Hamilton at the Red Bull Ring earlier this month, for which he was also penalised.

"[It was] different positioning, I was clearly ahead this time," he said.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125573/rosberg-surprised-awesome-move-got-penalty

Caporegime
Just watched it for the first time - he basically did what he did to Lewis - just kept on going straight to hog the track and not allow the other driver anywhere to go other than off.

idiot.

Soldato
Is 5 seconds the most they can give for pushing another driver off track, when no contact happens? To me, once again, another lenient penalty in favour of Rosberg.

If any driver did what Rosberg did at Austria and Hockenheim, I think pushing another driver off track is worthy of at least one of the three reprimands that will result in an automatic grid penalty.
But once again, he gets off very lightly.

Back
Top Bottom