• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Get a 8800GTS now or wait....

Associate
Hai

I currently have a 7800GT, and will a 1600 by 1050 widescreen monitor its having trouble keeping up with a 30FPS when I have full settings and HDR on games such as CSS etc.

Now would it be better to wait until the new series/set of nVidia cards comes out? Or shall I BUY NOW :D

Soldato
If you have the money get one. Dont let anyone say "ah wait for the next generation of GPU's this year", because no-one knows when they will come out. I doubt they will be out this year, so definitely go with the 8800GTS, they are excellent cards.

Associate
i would say wait!! in the long run! as DX10.1 will be out and will require new HARDWARE anyway! so the 8800 will be point less!

Soldato
Joop said:
i would say wait!! in the long run! as DX10.1 will be out and will require new HARDWARE anyway! so the 8800 will be point less!

Like i said, God knows how long we/he will be waiting for DX10.1 hardware. And besides, DX10.1 games will work with DX10, Microsoft cleared that up a few weeks ago. They haven't even made good use of DX10 yet, so there is really no point in DX10.1

Permabanned
Using a 8600GTS atm and Bioshock in max settings aren't nearly as bad as I had thought, infact for the price it cost me it's damn good :p. Going to upgrade to a 8800 once there is a good watercooling block out for it (which doesn't cost £100) :/

So if you don't want to spend much for now and have a CPU and ram etc to back it up try one of those and sell it when you get an 8800 etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom