Get a free PSP

Soldato
OP
Energize said:
When you add up the costs it adds upto an insane £630 so your not really getting anything for free and you still end up paying much much more than any of those phones are worth and only 200mins of call time for that price isnt good.

Flext 35 is 900 mins matey.

Soldato
Spamalot said:
If its on 3 then the 6 months half price is billed not via cash back. There seems to be a problem there. If it was an upgrade then you dont get the offer and the bloke in the shops a fool!

Aruffell said:
Cashback redemption, should have a form with 3 vouchers on it.

Andy

Erm, Its on Tmobile and it was a new contract taken out on Sunday.

WebNWalk200(18)

Soldato
OP
Tupac said:
But he told me and my Mother months 1-3 and 15-18 would be £19 and the months inbetween £38 and that i'd still get the free PSP as that was what he saw on their website... :confused:

Think he told you wrong matey.

On the PSP deals, that is the deal, you get a free PSP but pay the full line rental.

Go back in and complain.

Andy

Man of Honour
Tupac said:
But he told me and my Mother months 1-3 and 15-18 would be £19 and the months inbetween £38 and that i'd still get the free PSP as that was what he saw on their website... :confused:

Im 99% sure thats an old promotion we ran in Q1 and would have been removed when Flext launched

Soldato
Aruffell said:
Think he told you wrong matey.

On the PSP deals, that is the deal, you get a free PSP but pay the full line rental.

Go back in and complain.

Andy

I am on Sunday. He screwed up hard, if I knew it was full price, I wouldn't of done it.

He even had the cheek to write on the receipt 'no 14 day returns'

Soldato
OP
Tupac said:
I am on Sunday. He screwed up hard, if I knew it was full price, I wouldn't of done it.

He even had the cheek to write on the receipt 'no 14 day returns'

He is not allowed to write that on the receipt.

He probably knows that you've been screwed over hence why he wrote that.

Tell him you've spoken to a Link employee (ME :D lol) and that you have been completely miss-sold the deal and i agree that you have.

Andy

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
As far as I know the no 14 day return policy is due to it being T Mobile, not the shop's decision.

Associate
Haly said:
As far as I know the no 14 day return policy is due to it being T Mobile, not the shop's decision.
No thats not true. They actually have a policy, but dealers are only allowed a number of very low 7/14 days returns (distance sellers excluded). Basically the store won't wanna do it as they've been told only to do it in exceptional circumstances.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Hmm interesting. Everywhere I know of has no returns policy for them, except for distance sellers who have 7 days. Ah well, learn something new.

Soldato
I went back today to clear things up, the bloke can remember saying six months half price and a free psp, but couldn't get through to CS or Head Office, regarding the half price line rental, so there contacting me tomorrow.

If it can't be resolved via tmobile they leave me with 2 options, possible cheque back via the link or disconnection.

:(

Associate
Tupac said:
I went back today to clear things up, the bloke can remember saying six months half price and a free psp, but couldn't get through to CS or Head Office, regarding the half price line rental, so there contacting me tomorrow.

If it can't be resolved via tmobile they leave me with 2 options, possible cheque back via the link or disconnection.

Probably a disconnection, if its done within 7 days. If the sales person confirmed you'll get 1/2 price line rental, and you didn't, its a mis-sale, which leaves them in a really tricky posistion. Easiest thing to do is to disconnect you. But wait and see.

Soldato
Some of the side of the front fascia is kinda scuffed on the edge, due to the material used, it was easily done.

Will the store disallow a refund with it being like this? IIRC the n70 has xpress on covers, and I was given a months insurance free.

Could I use the insurance to claim a new cover if they start getting clever? Or could I buy one? The rest of the phone is in as new condition apart from this.

Soldato
Strange that he said you would get the half price - when i went in it was made clear to us (staff) that it would just be a psp.
On top of that a good few of these have went through each day - so he must have had a slight memory blank as im sur ehe would have done one before - or this guy is crapping it for the end of the month when all his other custimers get their full bill.

Soldato
Well I left my bill with him, he's contacting me tomorrow. Worst comes to worst, what will happen with the phone with a few marks on the cover? Will they let me off being that it was mis-sold? Or am I stuck with this now? Thsts only my worry.

As soon as I confronted him and handed my 1st bill over, he remembered he had said month 1-3 and 15-18 were half price as the Head Office told him this..

Provided they take this back in, they'll sell it as a clearance bargain? I know CPW do and mention some phones might have some scratches etc, are the link the same?

Last edited:
Associate
Tupac said:
Some of the side of the front fascia is kinda scuffed on the edge, due to the material used, it was easily done.

Will the store disallow a refund with it being like this? IIRC the n70 has xpress on covers, and I was given a months insurance free.

Could I use the insurance to claim a new cover if they start getting clever? Or could I buy one? The rest of the phone is in as new condition apart from this.

If its a T-Mobile branded phone, it doesn't matter. Basically in this case normal rules don't apply sort of as you were mis-sold the product. So it doesn't matter. They sales guy and store are in a tricky legal position, so headoffice & the manager should be sorting it out.

Strange that he said you would get the half price - when i went in it was made clear to us (staff) that it would just be a psp.

Or he's just dozy. When I used to be at the Link, some of the plain stupid mistakes I saw staff make were appalling. Mind you I can say the same of CPW, O2 stores too...

Back
Top Bottom