1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

get me a price if ya can:) the challenge is on..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Lex, 31 Jul 2006.

1. Lex

Hitman

anyone find me a good price on the following setup?

p4 ht machine at least 2.8ghz
    1gb ram
    winxp pro
    ethernet card
    80gb hard disk
    cd rom drive.

thats all i want for the cheapest price. anyone help me please! thanks so much if ya can!

2. Zefan

Don

Intel Pentium 4 531 "LGA775 Prescott" 3.0GHz (800FSB) with HT Technology - Retail £49.95

Samsung SpinPoint P HD080HJ 80GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-023-SA) £25.95

OcUK Value 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 184pin DDR Memory Dual Channel Kit (MY-004-OK) £53.95

Samsung SH-C522C CD-ROM (Beige) - OEM (CD-071-SA) £8.15

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition inc. SP2 - OEM - 1Pk (E85-04026) (OS-002-MS) £81.95
    Subtotal £284.85
    VAT £49.85
    Total £334.70

Not got a clue about motherboards or what sort of case you want, but any motherboard should come with onboard ethernet.

3. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

Do you need a case/screen/keyboard/mouse ?

4. Lex

Hitman

i dont need nothing more than what i stated originally however i didnt mention that yes i need a case. hopefully you can get all of that stuff from one place??

5. Lex

Hitman

infact. I dont want to have to build the pcs everytime that takes too long and increases the chance of an error. I want a bundle which is equivalent to the original posted spec. yes it must have a : case, motherboard and gfx and but doesnt have to be great as long as it can run the original spec without any problems.

6. Begbie

Capodecina

have a look at the pre-built computers at ocuk!

7. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

Unfortunately the only place I recommend is a competitor, so I won't.

8. Lex

Hitman

as i finished typing that i figured thats the only thing i kinda guided you to mentioning so its all good i'll just keep browsing.

9. comp builder

Hitman

Why dont you buy a cpu below 2.8GHZ (saving money) and overclock it, also whyy dont you have win xp home there aint much difference between that and win xp pro, is there????

edit: soz i didnt read the whole post i thought you wanted to build one. I recommend you do because the pre-built ones for like £300-£400 the cpu on them has rubbish cache!!!

Last edited: 31 Jul 2006
  10. Zefan

Don

Firstly you'll get slapped by the mods for saying that, so edit it.

Secondly I think he's trying to sell them on to others, and selling pirated software is even worse than simply owning and using it.

11. Lex

Hitman

no lol im not trying to sell it on to others. basically i have a company and i have no real need for anything else but what i stated above. i put my machines in remote locations and connect to them to stream information. I need good processing speed and good memory. i also need around 80gig nothing less and nothing majorly more. i dont want to have to keeep 'building' computers all the while as i have many remote locations. i just wanted to see how much i should be paying for the above hardware spec.

basically.

12. comp builder

Hitman

o ok again i didnt read the whole post, also if microsoft sold their os for cheaper (which i am sure they can) then people would buy the real thing and not get a pirate one. (im not saying i have a pirate copy btw) and if he wants to sell the comps then wont he have to buy a new key for each comp because your not supposed to use the same one on more than one comp are you????