1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

getting 5850 x 2 need info about infinity

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by rick fowler, 24 Sep 2009.

1. rick fowler

Wise Guy

im getting two of the above end of next week for my new build and wanted to know a bit about infinity,for this to work do you need to have 3 monitors or can it be done with two i am looking at the Samsung SM2433BW 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor and really only got the space and funds for two.if not i will have to stick with the one monitor any advice would be greatfull.

cheers

2. MDPlatts

Man of Honour

eyefinity - and yes, I think it can work with any number of monitors - there was a picture that AMD did with 20-30 monitors - but two should be equally possible - justy make sure the bezels are thin - there will probably be ultra-thin or triangular bezel'ed monitors (or ones where you can make adjacent monitors share a single small bezel (i.e. remove one and clip it to the next one)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Sep 2009
  3. rick fowler

Wise Guy

right im sorta with ya on the monitors which monitors can you use then i was having the

Samsung SM2433BW 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor pretty thats my budget really can go higher if it cant be done with these then i will stick with one

cheers

4. Jimbo Mahoney

Soldato

You really don't want to do this with two monitors as the bezel will be right down the middle.

5. rick fowler

Wise Guy

hmmm so not such a good idea then,so looks like i will just have one Samsung SM2433BW 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor and two 5850 then.