Getting bored with WoW...

Soldato
Hedge said:
if it was crap then why did u put enough time into it to create a character that was worth enough money to pay off subscriptions?

game was fun through the levels, then you realise the game is dead end and very shallow

the game is one big grind im happy to never have to go back to

so yeh, the games crap

Soldato
So, if you end your subscription does this mean you lose your characters? How long do they keep them for if they dont delete them?

I think i'll give up for a bit, getting in the way of university work! :(

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Blokey57 said:
So, if you end your subscription does this mean you lose your characters? How long do they keep them for if they dont delete them?

They keep them. If it's anything like Everquest was, they'll guarantee it for 6 months and then there's a chance they could vanish. However I've never heard of characters being deleted in EQ (excluding characters under level 10).

Associate
If you want a game that is pick up and playable without 'having' to put in hours on end you could maybe give City of Heroes or City of Villains a go (Villains is the expansalone box). Villains is probably better for a new comer, simply because one the graphics are better and two the classes are better thought out.
They are a bit of fun MMO's although of course you get those that take them too seriously. Worth a peek if thats the kind of thing your after.

Zeph.

Soldato
Zephyrus said:
Lol, what game?

Me? WoW.

I just find it too boring wandering around killing countless animals over and over again just so i can very slowly build my Level up. Are there any shortcuts to getting to Level60?

Maybe i'm not interacting with other players enough. :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Rudeboy said:
So Spike_UK are you playing Guildwars and WoW at the same time?
What are your thoughts now that you've played both games?

I'm playing both, but I'll admit, WoW is still taking the vast majority of my time.

I have rolled a warrior now and I'm enjoying it very much. I think I'll just never be comfortable with how the Community view the Paladin class. I don't want to be a healer and IMO Paladin heals aren't really designed to heal a party or a raid, the mana cost is too high for the amount we actually heal.

Anyway....

I've put in afew hours in Guild Wars now too, which I kind of like, but not as much as WoW. It just hasn't gripped me yet. First off, it's quite complex which class does what and the secondary profession system confused the heck out of me. But, having said that, I can see that once you've reached the lvl cap and you've got yourself in a good guild that the PvP element will be very rewarding.

It's too early to tell yet...

Associate
I agree. Level 25-45 is probably one of the best periods as you work and grind your way to Level 40, saving up for your mount and also getting stronger and more cool-looking armour and weapons. Then when you hit the magical Level 40, get your mount and stroll around :D I have a Level 42 Gnome Mage but no mount yet and because of recent exams, no time to grind my 80 or so gold for my mount. Working on my Level 20 Paladin instead so I get it free :p

I just recently installed GW too and found out I have been auto-assigned to Guild Leader :cool:. Still spending most of my time on WoW though as there isn't much for me to do now PvE-wise (I'm not much of a PvP person in MMORPGs). It's either just helping out people on missions/bonuses, running people or recruiting and then logging off :p

Too bad there's the Burning Crusade AND Chapter 2 expansion packs coming out soon :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
As I said in the other thread, i've quit World of Warcraft after a year.

I was in the very first beta, but the game quickly sucked me in and took up all my time. I found myself struggling to balance my life. Luckily my house is 4 guys who all play WoW as much as me so we just used to run around as a 4 on a server, and own stuff.

Then, I got my girlfriend into it. This was a great idea, as she's a second to none healer, and we took a pairing of druid and shaman to 60 (this is probably the best combination in the game) and was the most fun I had on WoW. This effectively gave us a group of 5 people all in the same room shouting commands, we could cut through 5-man instances in no time as we had communication others lacked.

All this after I left my original server when I got attacked by a rogue using speed-hacks to beat me. It made me think "omg some people really need to get a life" - whilst I spent a lot of time playing, I never wanted to win so badly that i'd cheat.

So, now, six level 60's and a level 25 later, i'm packing it in. I WON'T be back for the burning crusade. There's a huge number of reasons for this. The top one is that i disagree with blizzard's running of the whole service. I just thank god they don't run an essential public service, as their performance throughout the whole game has been nothing else but appauling. The patches were terrible, the servers awful, thank god the game is this good else i'd never have got this far :)

The fact that my X800 packed up has helped a lot, as it's helped me keep off WoW.

A lot of people have brought up the other reasons for me. The end-game doesn't really exist here. I have six level 60s, simply because the only fun to be had is levelling. What the hell is the point in grinding instances for a kit piece which "may or may not" drop, only for some noob in your group to ninja it?

No thanks.

Associate
Matmulder said:
Out of interest - I've heard it takes about 12 hours for MC/BWL etc - I know it "saves" your progress after bosses...but still, add in "gathering time" before each visit and your looking at playing every night....is that right??

depends on how long you have been going to these dungeons, when we 1st started doing mc, we tried to split it up 2 bosses a night but as your gear gets better your times get faster

I believe the euro record for MC, 1st mob killed to rag dead is 1hour 30mins. the guild im in fastest is 1hour 45mins, we just cant seem to beat that.. now that bwl is on farm it takes around 3-4 hours to clear the zone, course ya dont have to do that all in one night

Last edited:
Soldato
I just thank god they don't run an essential public service, as their performance throughout the whole game has been nothing else but appauling. The patches were terrible, the servers awful,

I cant agree with that at all. I've never had any problems with any of the patches. The downtime is very very limited considering the scope of the game and the community. I had 24 hours downtime the other day and I got 4 free game days on Stormrage - don't think you can ask for fairer than that.

I do, however, agree with the childessness of the community - by far the worst I've ever come across. I'm sure a good majority of the players are between 12-16...I much prefer CoH to WoW...but unfortunaltey all my mates play WoW.

Soldato
Matmulder said:
I cant agree with that at all. I've never had any problems with any of the patches. The downtime is very very limited considering the scope of the game and the community. I had 24 hours downtime the other day and I got 4 free game days on Stormrage - don't think you can ask for fairer than that.

I do, however, agree with the childessness of the community - by far the worst I've ever come across. I'm sure a good majority of the players are between 12-16...I much prefer CoH to WoW...but unfortunaltey all my mates play WoW.

Well I think the 12 rounds of migration help to justify my claim, blizzard are struggling to keep the community happy with the sheer size of queues. It's just not on, especially as the game costs £120/year on top of the price.

And we've had patch 1.9 this week. Which was hastily patched as something important slipped through. Then patched again. How were these things not picked up during testing? Why bother with a test server? It's not as if this is the first time this has happened either.

I'm not ranting, I think blizzard have done a good job with anything apart from the issues i mentioned. :)

Soldato
fozzybear said:
Me? WoW.

I just find it too boring wandring around killing countless animals over and over again just so i can very slowly build my Level up. Are there any shortcuts to getting to Level60?

Maybe i'm not interacting with other players enough. :confused:

thats the main problem mate, if ** alone its boring as hell, however when grouped its 10 times better. find yourself some groups, ask for people on similar quests to you and team up.. make friends etc and the road to 60 is much better

Soldato
Blokey57 said:

You still keep the characters :)

I cancelled my account after playing for just over 2months as I got bored very quickly :(. I've since re-activated my account and all my old characters were still there.

I think the main thing which increases the boredom is the time it takes. Takes forever to get anywhere, then you have to wait for someone or even invite some peeps to a group, so before you even get into a raid or instance you've wasted 20-30mins. I liked guildwars for being able to move from town to town without riding a gryphon/bat for 5-10mins or even going on a gryphon->(wait at dock)boat->gryphon->mount so boring :(

It is a good game but too much time is wasted.

Altho I have re-activated my account and am enjoying it more now :) I have a few different classes aswell, but my favourite atm is my lvl50 warlock.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom